Are these invites scams-Student Ambassador; AAU best basketball player

Linkat

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 11:17 am
Not too long ago, we get a letter from the AAU program. She is a member of AAU as she plays AAU basketball. This letter stated congratulations you are one of the top players in your age. You can include your stats and information and it will be published in the book. Boys and girls basketball members that submit their information are included for no cost in the book and there is no obligation to purchase.

Yeah but to get the book it costs something like $50. Now we get another letter inviting my daughter to be a student ambassador. Again they make it sound as if she was personally selected. It is a student ambassador trip to Canada with other 5th and 6th graders around the world. I read about the program and the program seems legit, but then why make it seem she was personally selected when online any child can go on this trip?

Are these things ripoffs? I threw both away – first the book thing as – did I really want a $50 book with all these other kids names and stats even if it was because she was considered one of the best? And for the trip even if legit, I wouldn’t want her traveling at her age with people I don’t know and I wouldn’t want her away from me for a good part of the summer.

So how the heck do they choose her is really that special? For AAU – they do have our information as we had to register her to play – she is a good player, but the best? How would they even know? And how would someone decide my daughter would be a good ambassador? She could be a trouble maker for all they know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,126 • Replies: 0
No top replies