OCCOM MADNESS, Don’t try this at home either!

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:38 am
Lol, I drive a Mazda Miata. I'd be lucky to get a pair of roller-skates in the trunk. :wink:

Regular Bikes go up and down the elevator. It's the motor that will likely cause the uproar.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:41 am
Osso
Osso, good point. I think the board can't differentiate between a manual bicycle and one with a small motor as far is storage is concerned. If they allow bicycles then OB should be allowed his. The only other objection would be motor noise on the property, but that could be overcome by not starting the motor until off the property.

I suspect part of the problem OB is having is that he's pissed off the board with his sweet approach to community relations. :wink: :wink: OB is one of the folks who really really don't like others telling him what he can and can't do. Such folks should not reside in association governed housing. Its bound to be open warfare between them.

BBB
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 01:13 pm
BBB: Your judgment is spot on. I try to cooperate but I hate being told what I can or can't do. However, they drew first blood, not me. Their imaginary boundary of no one under 30 is what sparked our controversy... and they were WAY out of line. It was they who insisted they had the authority to make such decisions and referred me to the 3 inch thick Condo Docs as proof. Of 145 units, I am probably the only resident who has cover-to-covered said Docs. Since I proved to them that I understand their limitations (and a willingness to spend hours researching), they pretty much leave me alone now. At 36, I'm probably the youngest person in the building and I think they resent me for it. I'm a punk kid in their eyes.

I also wouldn't be shocked to find a "no-flammables on balconies" ordinance with the city either, so I might be out of luck here. I suppose I could always bribe one of my neighbors across the street for some space to park it in a pinch.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 01:42 pm
Don't you just love such well thought-out and documented regulations? Surprised

And the nazis who police them?!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 01:52 pm
No flammables on the porch? Where the heck do you barbecue/grill?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 01:55 pm
Grills are definitely not allowed on high-rise balconies. This much I already know.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 01:59 pm
Well, I guess I won't be visiting OB anytime soon....Wink

I used to live in a three story apartment building here in CA and everyone had grills on their outdoor patio.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 07:07 pm
Yeah, cjhsa...the rules have changed. Too many fires started that way. Most places don't allow this anymore. I remember the olden days, too. I had a hibachi on my balcony, and all my neighbors made fun of me for my "mini-grill" because they had big ol' round Webers.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:53:29