OCCOM MADNESS, Don’t try this at home either!

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 09:52 am
A long time ago, a landscape architect I worked for when I was first starting in the field took me by his townhouse to show me his aviary and backyard design. He mentioned in passing that he had been required by the homeowners association to take away the two large terra cotta pots, presumeably goodlooking ones and well-planted, that he had had positioned at the entrance to his front "porch". I couldn't believe it at the time, but have seen enough of this silliness since to not be surprised at anything.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:18 am
Osso
Osso, I've heard all the war stories re HOAs and could tell a few of my own.

In the Community of Harbor Bay Isle in Alameda, California, where I was the Architectural Administrator, we broke new ground in revising HOA rules and regulations. Our rules were designed to maintain both private property and common areas in good condition and to protect property values, to reduce neighbor disputes, and to provide processes to resolve problems. We created ourselves as resource and information assistance and creation of an outstanding community. Many HOAs saw our success and copied our model in California and in other states.

BBB
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:20 am
Well done BBB
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:23 am
Bill that looks like one fun toy!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:24 am
Welcome back Jer. Missed ya
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:28 am
Yes, well done, BBB!
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:29 am
Thanks Panzade Smile

When are you gonna be in my neck of the woods?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:48 am
Harbor Bay isle
This is the website for the Community of Harbor Bay Isle---with lots of photos. My home was in Baywood Village Association, the oldest homes and one of 20 HOAs.

http://www.harborbay.org/homepage/index3.html

To understand the community's structure:

http://www.harborbay.org/homepage/index3.html

You can click on topics across the top of the site screen or along the left side for individual assocations.

There are copies of the governing documents, rules and regulations for each association, too.

BBB
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:52 am
Was coming up in June but work precludes. Darn and Blatham invited me to go kayaking. So it looks like Christmas this year. Stay in touch. Are you near Burnaby?
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:54 am
I'm about 20 mins away from Burnaby - have wheels will travel.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 10:57 am
Ooooh, jealous. I want to check out Vancouver sometime, especially after Blatham added a photo on a thread here. (Hmm, which one?)
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:00 am
Osso,

If you're every gonna be out this way let me know. I love being a tour guide - you've just gotta buy me lunch Wink
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:02 am
A BC resurrection...I'll start the planning!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:05 am
I will, Jer! I hear, btw, there is wonderful food to be had in Vancouver - I've saved articles, I think on Chinese and Vietnamese food.

Uh oh, off topic by more and more degrees here.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:19 am
farmerman wrote:
This looks cool. WSeve been looking for RV bikes and I dont want to get motorcycles because of the weight . Could this rig be taken to a frame shop and made into pieces that slip apart ?
I think the engine needs to be permanantly mounted as it's made of cheap cast aluminum, as well as the mounts... and they will break if not lined up perfectly. You may be able to find a folding donor bike that will work. I have no idea if it is dependable enough to use for work.

farmerman wrote:
Is the tailpipe stuffed with some baffling now? It doesnt look it. You can have a shop fabricate a resonator, but I dont know whether engine efficiency is dependent on the backpressure on the " model airplane" engine.
Engine is a 60cc 2 stroke. Tailpipe dis assembles at the back allowing you to pull a 6 X 1/2" tube out of it. There is a second 1/2" tube built in to the middle of it. There doesn't seem to be anything else in there. Perhaps I could buy a 5.5 X 1.75 inch "tube" of sound deadening material?

farmerman wrote:
Can you send a link as to where to buy the kits? Id like to look into them , look like fun for the family. Is top speed like 15 mph?
This is where I bought mine... and this is another site with more details I found later. Mine goes about 40mph (really) but has a very delicate midrange on a flat grade. If you put a larger sprocket on the back, it would probably be quite powerful with a top speed in the 20mph range and a hill climber at 15mph.

BBB These people are insane. 7 member board with President. I let one of my employees stay in my extra bedroom for a few months and they bugged cause he was under 30. Of course, legally they had no ground to stand on with such a cut off, so I won that. Next they tried telling me I couldn't have a boat on a mooring in front of the condo... They finally shut up when I told them I was going to moor one derelict vessel out there each and every time they harassed me, and I'd remove one every 6 months if unmolested. They got the point. This time I think they got me because the condo docs state no personal property can be stored outside of the condo AND only one vehicle is allowed per licensed resident. I think the balcony off my spare bedroom is my only choice. It only weighs about 65lbs. so I guess I could take it up the stairs if they catch me in the elevator.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:21 am
Bill,

Have you seen these badboys?

Pocket Choppers

They're beauty!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:26 am
WoW! That guy was huge. Next we'll have 10 year olds with their sleeves rolled up and cigarettes dangling from their lips...lol
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:27 am
Shocked Damn it Jer; knock it off. Haven't you figured out I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder yet? Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:32 am
OB
OB, will the bike break down into 2 or 3 parts so that you could put it in your car's truck?

I have a lift installed inside of my car trunk to lift my collapsible electric scooter in the trunk so I can take it with me for more mobility.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 11:35 am
What do people do with their regular bicycles, take them upstairs?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 03:53:50