OCCOM MADNESS, Don’t try this at home either!

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:02 pm
My old man sent me a link to this cool looking motorized bicycle kit. It looks kind of like the original Harley if you know what that looked like. So naturally, I bought it and then ran out and bought a Beach Cruiser to mount it on. Kit says it goes together in about 2 hours. Shocked Bill says it goes together in about 2 days. Confused Kit says basic tools are all that's needed. Shocked Bill says; please define basic tools? Confused Kit says it comes with everything you need. Shocked Bill says, ha. Rolling Eyes To make a long story short; I successfully built the damn thing and it looks every bit as cool as in the picture. Cool It actually works pretty damn good too! After put-putting around through its break-in period I opened it up and headed for the beach. She cruises at about 40 mph, which, believe me, is plenty fast enough for the Beach Cruiser Frame. Word to the wise; ladies, this could replace every secret toy you own. :wink:

Now here's the dilemma; I live in a condo and I really don't have anyplace to put it. Right now I have a smelly bike sitting in my foyer, and though it leaks no gas, the smell is inescapable. And even if I store it on the balcony, it is only a matter of time before some miserable old bag catches me with it in the elevator and has a fit. What the hell was I thinking? Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,066 • Replies: 47
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:04 pm
Where do you keep your car?

Can it be somehow shoehorned into that space?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:07 pm
Nope. My space is covered, but open on the sides (theft). Also, there's plenty of room since I drive a 2-seater, but the condo commando's would have coronaries.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:14 pm
Ah, condo commandos. My grandma lived in West Palm in a condo, I remember the condo commandos well.

Hmmm.

Must be some kind of thing you can buy to lock it to in your space?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:24 pm
LOL, that's where the condo commandos come in. One of my neighbors tried parking a motorcycle sideways in front of his car. There was plenty of room, and it obstructed nothing, but the condo docs that read one vehicle per space. Those wonderful people who insist on keeping this place so beautiful wouldn't rest until it was moved off the property. No Boats, no RVs, no trucks... and not even a magnetic business sign may be displayed on the your car while on property.

On the other hand, I got into it with them pretty bad about my tender being only 10ft off the sea wall and I think I scared the hell out of them... They've seldom talked to me since. Maybe I could get away with it. Confused

More likely; I toss it on ebay and take what I can get. Sad
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:56 pm
Easy solution, Bill. You can keep it in my garage. Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 10:06 pm
Cool. Thanks Eva!... Wait a minute, how am I going to get it to Venice?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 10:08 pm
I was referring to my summer home in Tulsa. Just leave the keys in it, okay? Wink
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 10:10 pm
Keys, what keys... It's supposed to have keys? Shocked
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 10:25 pm
This is motorized, no? How do you turn on the engine without a key? (I am famously inept at mechanical devices, as you can see.)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 10:28 pm
You peddle, then release the clutch and 2.2 horsepower roars to life!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 11:07 pm
adopt a nautical theme. Mount two official davits from some classy tour boat on the side of one of your windows or(better yet) if you have a balconey. Then attach boat hangers on the davits and hang your bike and just hoist er up to your balconey. Sounds like this would be doable if its not specifically in your lease. Sounds like a not very heavy bike. With a small motorized hoist and 2:1 mech advantage this could be done using an electric boat trailer cxome-along.
Swing it in your balcony or the window and store it in the bedroom as a conversation piece. (Lady friends may appreciate the power tool features )
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 11:24 pm
OB
OB, is it small enough to fit in a bike storage box? Or you could build a box to hold it. If its enclosed in a box how could they complain?

BBB
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 01:20 am
4rth floor Farmerman, and the first is the rec-room with an awning around it. Mighty interesting way to build a mousetrap though. Smile This is the building if you're curious:
http://chuckmata.com/images/building_air_view.jpg

Box would work... it is a cantilever bicycle from birth, and engine fits between the peddles. But they'd never let me have a box. Confused
Bike looks like this, but a better color scheme IMO:
http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/flame1.gif

Just noticed it's dripping unburned gas out of the tale pipe. Shocked I wonder if I put the guts in the carb correctly. I did notice it wont idle no matter where I set it and it bogs if I don't feather the gas while accelerating. Hmm? Oh, and does anyone know if I can replace the stuffing in the muffler with better stuff to make it quieter? It's a 2 X 8 tube (that comes apart) that they do recommend cleaning every 25 hours or so. Confused
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 06:27 am
This looks cool. WSeve been looking for RV bikes and I dont want to get motorcycles because of the weight . Could this rig be taken to a frame shop and made into pieces that slip apart ?

Is the tailpipe stuffed with some baffling now? It doesnt look it. You can have a shop fabricate a resonator, but I dont know whether engine efficiency is dependent on the backpressure on the " model airplane" engine.

Can you send a link as to where to buy the kits? Id like to look into them , look like fun for the family. Is top speed like 15 mph?
Try extending the front end and put a chicken bar on it , Ill bet the Tuttles could trick it out for ya.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 09:27 am
Hmm, it seems ridiculous you can't store this there.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 09:30 am
Osso, Condo Law is a flourishing sub species of lawyer here. The condom articles are as heavy as a phone book. I used to be the president of a 109 unit Home Owners Association. It was truly a thankless task
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 09:31 am
OB
OB, what kind of governing structure is present in your building. What are the specific rules regarding parking space storage permitted and banned?

I have 14 years experience of California homeowner association management (3,000 homes; 15,000 people) and I might have some ideas for you.

My first and most important advice is not to get your mouth going before your brain engages (we know you can do that if you really try Laughing ) and be sweet to everyone until a solution can be found.

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 09:33 am
Hey Pee Wee, when'd ya get out?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 09:41 am
Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » OCCOM MADNESS, Don’t try this at home either!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 09:09:21