Infinite Cat Project (or, here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty)

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 10:28 pm
This may have already been discussed here but I couldn't find any reference to it, so here goes. For those of you who like animals, especially those of you who love cats, there's a marvelous little site that features the ICP. As the owner of the site explains:

Quote:
It all began innocently enough when a user on an Apple help forum posted a picture of his cat, Frankie, contemplating the beauty of a flower. Shortly afterwards another user posted a picture of his cat, Sammy, bristling at the image of Frankie on the monitor. I decided this was too much fun and advanced the concept as The Infinite Cat Project, which is, simply, cats regarding cats regarding cats.

Interested? Curious? Intrigued? Go to http://www.infinitecat.com/index.html and check it out. And, who knows? Perhaps YOUR cat will become part of the project.

Cheers!

ailsa
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,958 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 11:03 pm
Well, I didn't quite get the idea from the link, Ailsagirl, and didn't follow their link to the other site. Maybe you can explain it better.

By the way, I'm already the owner of The New Mexico State Cat.
0 Replies

ailsagirl

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 11:21 pm
I'm unclear
Roger,

What didn't you get about the link? Did it not work? Did you go to the link I provided? Here's a link that begins with the cat that started it all-- then you just click "Next Cat" to see the rest.

http://www.infinitecat.com/infinite/cat-html/1.html

ailsa
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 11:30 pm
It worked, I just didn't see what they were doing.

Okay, I'll check out one more link.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 04:30 am
A roomate of mine once found a snapshot in a book.

He tooka that snapshot and made a copy of it. Then he took the snapshot, moved it over by its width, put the copy on top of it and copied that.

He ended up filling the page.

So, he had a series of copies, each with a series of copies of this snapshot. The last of the series, with the original copy that had been copied over, well it was pretty cool to see how the image had degraded.

He posted them in the hall to the apartment. We had a party.

One of my firends was admiring the concept when he took a closer look. 'Hey! What are my cousins doing on your wall?' (It was his book that the snapshot fell out of. )
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 06:44 am
When I was waiting for the bus Saturday morning, a half grown white cat with just a touch of orange on the tail and top of the head walked by on the other side of the street. I said "kitty kitty kitty", and the cat stopped, sat down and said "meow" at me. This coversation went back and forth several times until the bus came.

We are still without a cat since The Great Big Magnificent Cat disappeared in January. When I get back down to Camp on Wednesday I'll have to see if I can find and make friends with Orange And White Cat.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 06:53 am
LOL! Hilarious! Like the Bonzo dog food can in "The Mouse and His Child"!!!!
0 Replies