How do you introduce yourself to people when you meet them?

cavfancier

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 09:15 pm
doglover wrote:
Sometimes when I intoduce myself I say "My name is Mistress Karen....now do what I say". Twisted Evil

Well, the logical follow up is "what is your credit card number?"
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 09:18 pm
cavfancier wrote:
doglover wrote:
Sometimes when I intoduce myself I say "My name is Mistress Karen....now do what I say". Twisted Evil

Well, the logical follow up is "what is your credit card number?"

LOL cav...the credit card number has already been taken care of well before the introduction happens. Business before pleasure is my motto. :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 09:20 pm
Hmmm......Mistress Karen eh....
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 09:24 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Hmmm......Mistress Karen eh....

Look cav...I've got three guys tied up in my basement right now. You wanna be the fourth. Mr. Green
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 09:35 pm
Aaarrhh! G'day!

Covers (I hope) the fact that I'm so vague I can't even remember my own name!
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 11:30 pm
Karen,

Sounds like business is a pleasure for you. :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 11:37 pm
Pleased to meetcher acquaintance.

You're Lakota, Wiyaka, or is that just Sam? If you were Navajo, I'm told introductions would take a lot longer. Maternal and paternal clans, with maybe a few generations of begats thrown in. And you wouldn't believe how long a handshake can go on.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 11:57 pm
Sam's got the blood, but we both have the acceptance.

Oh yes, I would Roger. I understand being "of" and "from" the clans. I stayed in Flagstaff at the "All Nation Pow Wow of '77 with "Dusty" Rhodes and his wife Terri. She was a Yazzy from Tuba City area.

Our Ojibwa "Dad" is a Begay. Ganado Mucho is his paternal Great-grandfather, his mom was Ojibwa.
We also have an Inuit/Dene' brother living in Santa Fe.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 04:29 am
Whaddup fool !
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:23 am
It really depends upon the person to whom I am introducing myself. Usually, people introduce themselves first, often asking what I do: I say, 'Hello; I'm Ana. I write.' But, the rest of the time, I say: 'Good day; pleased to meet you: who are you?'

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:38 am
Hmm, I usually extend my hand and say my full name "Hi, I'm jespah extremely-long-last-name" and by that time we're all ready for lunch. At gatherings, I tell people I'm jespah and then tell them my real name, and at gatherings I tend to answer to either name.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:48 am
I have to reassure the person to whom i'm being introduced (because of my 'nature'); i usually offer my name, and my hand (kissing on both cheeks, of course) and then add to defuse the 'situation':
"i'm really only a figment of your imagination; i'll go away soon!"

[being an 'alien' has its drawbacks - and being a 'fool' has even more!] Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:53 am
I want to know if you mean meeting people in a social setting or meeting people you want to date...
social setting
hey, my name is aimee, it's great to meet you.

wan to date:
hey, my name is aimee, wanna F*ck.... I am kidding of course...
I would never say that...

I actually I not against making the first move because for some reason guys are dumb. I look at them, smile, they smile. then they don't come over so I go over and say hi and start a conversation... hey don't you work at *fill in the blank*. oh well you look just like someone I know.

I am a social butterfly when I go out I just float around the room tryingto make friends...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:54 am
Hi, Wyaka. I don't think we've met. I'm Bears wife, cub's Mom, a self published author, former event planner, and part native American. Bear says I'm from the Wussie tribe (Osage) but I just sock him one when he says that.

How's that for an introduction?

Everyone else just gets "Hi, I'm squinney. Yes, they are real." Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:02 am
well, I think squinny said it all.

[/QUOTE]
Everyone else just gets "Hi, I'm squinney. Yes, they are real." Rolling Eyes
Quote:
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 11:47 am
Squinney,

Glad to meet you. Yes, mine are real too, but I don't usually say that in introductions. Laughing

Aimeemarie,

You're Squinney too? Shocked I thought you were aimeemarie! Confused Now I am confused.
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 12:00 pm
I raise my hand, and say : "Hello, Relative".
Anyone that can relate to me stays.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 12:58 pm
Depends. I either extend my hand and say "pull my finger," or sometimes I simply punch them in the face.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 05:03 pm
I reserve the idle chit-chat for after I remove the hitchhiker from the trunk and force feed her a sedative at my lakehouse--a cardboard box near the Black Warrior river. For then it is safe to remove the gag.

Then I usually say, "Hi, my name is Gargamel. And from now on you will be called Monique. Now put the lotion in the basket."
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 06:25 pm
I usually say something like, "Hey, my name's Kicky. What can I get for fifty bucks?"

Either that, or "You're not a cop, right?"
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 05:11:25