28
   

Why do we deliberately fool ourselves?

 
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Wed 13 Jul, 2022 04:57 pm
@PoliteMight,
You can't be philosophical, you have a rigid belief zystem, which in itself is about as far from truth as you can get.
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -2  
Thu 14 Jul, 2022 02:47 pm
@PoliteMight,
You like others have been fooled by the scam.

George Floyd was a convenient excuse. Thugs use these to spread terrorism.
"What happened George Floyd was a horrible tragedy," they say, shortly before burning buildings and killing people. Yes, what happened to George Floyd was a horrible tragedy. But he was a no-account, and actively committing a crime and refusing to obey when he was pinned by "brutal" police. George Floyd is as much an example of useless human scum as these sorta police you mentioned.

Here's the truth. Humanity is free under God. God ordains it that we live in a world where there are guidelines to living a life where you are free.
If you murder someone, even if there were no police, their family will avenge you and you will never have peace; if you rob from people, you will no longer be trusted; if you homewreck, wives or husbands will hurt you. All of these commandments are not about "punishment from God" but avoiding bad situations. God set up laws in order to prevent people from being stupid. Like George Floyd.
However, humans want to rule other humans, and they want to be ruled. The Bible has this as a recurring theme. Jews disobeyed God, God allowed their opponents to conquer them. Jews returned to God, God allowed them to be freed. We have a story in here proving exactly that, but it is obscured by fundamentalism and lies.

A man named Jesus disturbs both the religious and state establishment, and dies on a cross so that all people may be free. The religious establishment wants people to observe insane Sabbath and diet rules that do nothing but heap onto the misery they are already suffering under high taxes and oppression from Rome. He is not one of the "freedom fighters" they expect like Barabbas. He does not offer "freedom" through violence, only to replace their Roman oppressors with radical Jewish thugs. He offers freedom of a sort that only comes from God.

Someone once compared BLM to a battering ram. A battering ram is used on a door, and then typically tossed aside. Nevermind that there may be other doors. The point being that when these groups have performed their job of getting rid of capitalism, they are typically betrayed immediately. Those who live by the sword die by it. They are not fighting for freedom then, only for their own deaths, and for violence for violence's sake.

The Bible tells of how the Jews wanted a temple, and wanted a king. Why? To be like their neighbors. They had missed the part where God made them exceptional, a city on a hill, a light to other nations to show them how to be better. They wanted to be like all the others. So God gave them a temple that became an idol, and kings that oppressed them.
https://bible.org/seriespage/6-give-us-king-1-samuel-81-22
1 Samuel 8 wrote:
6 But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. 7 And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. 8 As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. 9 Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”

10 Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. 16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use. 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord. 22 The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”


1 Samuel 10 wrote:
17 Samuel summoned the people of Israel to the Lord at Mizpah 18 and said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I brought Israel up out of Egypt, and I delivered you from the power of Egypt and all the kingdoms that oppressed you.’ 19 But you have now rejected your God, who saves you out of all your disasters and calamities. And you have said, ‘No, appoint a king over us.’ So now present yourselves before the Lord by your tribes and clans.”


1 Samuel 12 wrote:
6 Then Samuel said to the people, “It is the Lord who appointed Moses and Aaron and brought your ancestors up out of Egypt. 7 Now then, stand here, because I am going to confront you with evidence before the Lord as to all the righteous acts performed by the Lord for you and your ancestors.

8 “After Jacob entered Egypt, they cried to the Lord for help, and the Lord sent Moses and Aaron, who brought your ancestors out of Egypt and settled them in this place.

9 “But they forgot the Lord their God; so he sold them into the hand of Sisera, the commander of the army of Hazor, and into the hands of the Philistines and the king of Moab, who fought against them. 10 They cried out to the Lord and said, ‘We have sinned; we have forsaken the Lord and served the Baals and the Ashtoreths. But now deliver us from the hands of our enemies, and we will serve you.’ 11 Then the Lord sent Jerub-Baal, Barak, Jephthah and Samuel, and he delivered you from the hands of your enemies all around you, so that you lived in safety.

12 “But when you saw that Nahash king of the Ammonites was moving against you, you said to me, ‘No, we want a king to rule over us’—even though the Lord your God was your king. 13 Now here is the king you have chosen, the one you asked for; see, the Lord has set a king over you. 14 If you fear the Lord and serve and obey him and do not rebel against his commands, and if both you and the king who reigns over you follow the Lord your God—good! 15 But if you do not obey the Lord, and if you rebel against his commands, his hand will be against you, as it was against your ancestors.

16 “Now then, stand still and see this great thing the Lord is about to do before your eyes! 17 Is it not wheat harvest now? I will call on the Lord to send thunder and rain. And you will realize what an evil thing you did in the eyes of the Lord when you asked for a king.”

18 Then Samuel called on the Lord, and that same day the Lord sent thunder and rain. So all the people stood in awe of the Lord and of Samuel.


God tells Israel, not once, not twice, but three times that their decision to have a king like other tribes was a terrible decision. They refuse to listen. It is not God that oppresses us. It is we ourselves.
0 Replies
 
revelette1
 
  2  
Fri 15 Jul, 2022 09:37 am
@PoliteMight,
So if a random stranger burst into an old lady's home, who is disabled and strangled her, is that because of God? (not saying this happened anywhere, just an example.) And if you say, no it is because of man, consider to yourself; God would have to allow man to murder a defenseless old woman, so in fact, God would be murdering an innocent woman. (according to your logic.)

coluber2001
 
  2  
Fri 15 Jul, 2022 02:24 pm
Why do we accept the fundamentalist's assertion that they are religious, and that if you disagree with their conceptions of God as religion then you're agnostic or atheistic and irreligious.

Fundamentalists have been indoctrinated
as children, and their version of religion is a child's version of religion unaltered. Their version of the spiritual is a defense against religion, against the experience of the sacred, not the definition of it.

Quoting passages from books as a reinforcement of their faith is not faith at all, but a defense wall against faith. Alan Watts stated it clearly when he said that belief is holding onto and faith is letting go. Letting go allows for creative mind, religious mind.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -3  
Sat 16 Jul, 2022 07:06 am
@revelette1,
You're confusing "fate"and "God."

Not that I believe in in fate, mind you.

The Muslims believe in fate, but there is a telling story in the book Nomad. Water was dripping in the house. The main gal was educated, and was like "We need to stop this water from pooling." Imshallah, the aunt says. Weeks later, mosquitoes breed in the pools and much of the family dies of malaria. Fix the ******* leak, and stop blaming God!

If the old lady lives in a rough neighborhood, alone, flaunts her wealth, and forgets to lock her door, she has set herself up to be strangled. Otherwise, it's a tragic accident. God didn't make this man strangle her. He's a sicko and made his own choices. She can make a choice too. She gets married instead. She's a sillt old woman at this point, but her husband is a gun-toter. One look at the guy breaking in ( the door is better locked now), and he grabs his shotgun. The guy is nor subject to fate now, he can make his own choices. Apologize and back away, pretending he was trying to break into his own home since it was late and he lost his key. Or try to rush the old man and get his head blown off.

Your false trap doesn't work, because we have choices in this life, and God looks out for us.

0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -2  
Sat 16 Jul, 2022 07:17 am
@coluber2001,
Sorry, but typically you self-identify as nonreligious. It's not them calling you nonreligious. Unless they take your behavior itself (gambling or drinking) as a sign of you lack of religion. That's on them. There are plenty of religious folk with some vices and failings. I happen to like porn.

You say they have been indoctrinated. But I've seen secular indoctrination in the school system. And I didn't know it had happened until I met a fundie family, and realized how bigoted I was against them.

Btw, science now supports the idea of religion. In fact one scientist earned a cool 1.5 million proving the two are compatible.
https://redstate.com/alexparker/2019/03/19/marcelo-gleiser-templeton-award-religion-science-does-not-kill-god-n103152
Quote:
Atheism is inconsistent with the scientific method. Atheism is a belief in non-belief. So you categorically deny something you have no evidence against.
coluber2001
 
  3  
Sat 16 Jul, 2022 10:57 am
Talking about religion is not religion, it's a defence against religion.

The most important thing can't be talked about. Second-hand religion is always a misinterpretation.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Sat 16 Jul, 2022 11:20 am
@coluber2001,
Hmmm? What is the most important thing?

Betcha it can be talked about.
0 Replies
 
Wilso
 
  3  
Sat 16 Jul, 2022 06:58 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Quote:
Atheism is inconsistent with the scientific method. Atheism is a belief in non-belief. So you categorically deny something you have no evidence against.



What crap. It’s religion that makes the fantastic claims, with no evidence to support their hypotheses. You’re an airhead. I thought spendius was dead, but he lives on in the words salads of the likes of you. Your posts don’t make you look smart the way you think they do. But you’re far too stupid to see it.
The Anointed
 
  -1  
Sat 16 Jul, 2022 07:35 pm
@Wilso,
Comedians like you should stick to their Jokes, I leave bulmabreifs to reveal how mentally unstable you really are.
Wilso
 
  3  
Sat 16 Jul, 2022 11:32 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Comedians like you should stick to their Jokes, I leave bulmabreifs to reveal how mentally unstable you really are.


“The Anointed “ 😝. Increase your meds. The dose you’re on now isn’t working.
roger
 
  4  
Sun 17 Jul, 2022 01:27 am
@The Anointed,
You rely on bulmabriefs? That is really informative.
The Anointed
 
  -1  
Sun 17 Jul, 2022 02:39 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
Increase your meds. The dose you’re on now isn’t working.


Still cracking your mundane jokes I see.
0 Replies
 
The Anointed
 
  -1  
Sun 17 Jul, 2022 02:50 am
@roger,
Quote:
You rely on bulmabriefs?


Yep! I believe that even if bulabriefs can reveal the comedian for what it really is, then everybody should see it for the mental unstable rambler that it portrays itself to be.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 08/17/2022 at 06:58:21