Journalism & Politics

vikorr

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 01:06 pm
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/journalism-matters-no-sides-are-taken-when-you-report-only-what-you-see/story-fnmd7bxx-1227022326449
Quote:
I WAS called everything from a son of a bitch, to an Israeli spy, a cretin and was even threatened with death. All I did was report what I saw.

A rocket had been launched from an area close to my hotel in Gaza and was on its way to Israel.

It fitted in with Israel’s argument that Hamas had placed rocket launch sites in built up areas, an argument Hamas and its followers denied.

The abuse was never in person by Hamas militants or its supporters, it was online in the twittersphere where I was hammered by pro-Palestinian keyboard activists for one sentence that was published.

The thing is, I’d been in Gaza for a week, reporting on the shocking brutality and unrelenting killing of civilians including hundreds of children by Israeli air strikes.

But throughout most of that time, it was Israeli supporters who were abusing me the most for being too pro-Palestinian.

For full article, refer to the link - it also mentions Egypt, Iraq, and the Ukraine
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,559 • Replies: 0
No top replies