Who has no existence and no buddies?

Kinide

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 12:16 am
I'm not 21 years young and that I actually. Don't have any friends.

I visited a residential area school, a school, high-school, along with a four-year college today-- where each one of these colleges I'd several buddies. but just in college. I had been never asked everywhere. Actually. I ultimately sank right into an existence that was friendless and that I viewed films on my own every evening weekend. I'm a confident individual that is very enjoyable and that I create folks laugh constantly. No body actually requires me togo out/hold out. Everytime I consult anyone to suspend-- they help. I believed it had been the type of people I was attempting to suspend with so I recently began heading out to gay groups (I am homosexual) and producing new friends there. I dropped with these folks in deep love they certainly were therefore much anything and enjoyment I required! I experimented with spend time with a few friends away from membership easily might acquire actual friends to determine. They all bailed on me. Ideas are made constantly by me. It isn't coincident anymore. Simple. Period
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 417 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2014 06:03 am
@Kinide,
It takes a while to make new friends. It is a skill that is more difficult when we are out of school. These gay men probably just had one thing in common with you - being gay. Helpful but not enough. Instead, try local groups or classes that interest you. You will meet people who share that interest, whatever it is, whether it's pottery, action movies, cosplay, baking, soccer, or whatever.

When you suggest activities with them, start with something related to what brought you together in the first place. Pottery? Try suggesting an outing to an art exhibit or an open air market or a gallery. Action movies? Suggest going to one as a group. Cosplay? Look for geeky ideas like conventions, or just going to a comic book store. Baking? Suggest a visit to some area of town known for its baking (here in Boston there would be a few places; one of those would be Chinatown). Soccer? Suggest a pickup game, or watching a game.

Go slowly. These people are straight, gay, married, young, old, etc. Expand your definition of who you want to be friends with. And recognize that most people will never become close friends with you. And that's all right. There is plenty of value in the group you go to the movies with, but don't expect to lean on them too heavily if there's a death in your family.
0 Replies