Don't know much about MERCURY POISONING!

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 07:59 pm
I agree with neil about sugar and some artificial sweeteners. It's a good idea to limit your softdrink intake, because they contain too much sugar. I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners, so when I drink my coffee in the morning, I just add a little brown sugar - about half teaspoon with milk.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 08:02 pm
Here's an informational link on sugar content in soft drink. http://www.annecollins.com/diet/sugar-in-soft-drinks.htm

Here's a link on the dangers of artificial sweetners, but my personal information is very limited. I've just read over the years that it was dangerous.
http://www.health-n-energy.com/artsweet.htm
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 08:04 pm
Sorry for the multiple posts. When I hit "Submit" I got a error page. After a few tries, I rebooted.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

tap tap tap.....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

ho - hum....
0 Replies

Zedd

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 08:16 am
haha, ci, getting bored here with the humming and stuff? lol

about artificial colorings and stuff...

I read an article once about the importance of color being in food. For example, anything that's green is generally healthy for you and anything in it's natural color would be too. For instance, you would never eat a pink carrot or a blue brocolli, will you?

The point of the article was to discourage people from buying cookies and cakes that had been artificially colored...(you know the christmas and the easter cookies). It would be healthier if you bought the normal cookies so to speak.

I don't know if you guys heard about this too or not...

I actually listen to what i read...well sometimes...just wondering how many of you does that---listen to what you read?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 08:23 am
Zedd, Over the greater part of my life, there have always been news on bad food, good food, and often times, it's never been consistent. I've read about coffee being good and bad so many times, it became a non-issue. Most of us drink coffee anyway. The best rule to follow is to eat or drink in moderation, and have a regular check up by a physician. I eat almost anything I want, and dont' worry about the consequences. I believe worry is a killer too! LOL
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:03 am
Intestinal yeast overgrowth, IBS, mold allergy... all of those for me Smile
0 Replies

Zedd

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 03:19 pm
awww, i'm not a fan of cofee...i really don't like the smell and taste...haha

i just drink hot chocolate, lol!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 07:35 pm
Once , when i was working in S outh America, there were "bootleg gold miners' who would use mercury to mix with crushed gold ore and form an amalgum. Theyd then heat the amalgam with bernzamatic torches and drive off the Hg Oxide and leave gold pellets. The miners would make their kids do the torching and there were many kids with "hatters symptoms"

Chelation, using Ca EDTA is usable in cases of severe metal poisoning. Thhe medicos try to balance the body's electrolytes with fluid bags of saline and MG/Ca/K solutions. Its always touchy but , Im not sure that there is anything else that works
Im not certain but I thought that the pelagic fish were the ones highest in Hg. Species like tuna or swordfish, I suppose active pelagic farmed fish like salmon salmon as well as wild salmon could be carrying a big body load of Hg.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 07:44 pm
You're right farmerman, it's mostly the pelagic fish because they are carnivorous and they live a long time. The reason farmed fish have higher levels is a combination of things. Partially it's the pellets they are fed. Partially it's because they aren't as active as wild fish. Partially it's the storage tanks they keep them in.
0 Replies

neil

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:03 pm
I only dabble in the Dr. Day advice and I am healthy at age 72 except for about 40 pounds over weight. It is the fudge royal ice cream that is my down fall. Neil
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:24 pm
I love ice cream too, but I'm not 40 lbs over weight. I guess "moderation" is a very subjective noun, but it works for me most of the time. I also try to excercise by walking or working around the house. I think excercise is just as important to good health as well as a balanced diet.
0 Replies

Zedd

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 12:01 pm
hey guys,
sorry for the long "no response"...I finally went to that nutrition class again and I really got a full blast of carbohydrates. hehe.

back to what c.i. said about moderation, exercise, and balanced diet...does anyone know of or about someone who has diabetes...

How would you describe the pain (or rather rigourousness of life) that they diabetes people have to go through?

::thanks, i know this is going off the topic of mercurry but i wasn't able to find out more info about my professors break::
0 Replies

neil

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 04:37 am
There are several types of diabetes, so we need to be careful about generalizing. Usual treatment is a diet of much reduced sugar and somewhat reduced carbohydrate. Achieving optimum weight is helpful. An unvaring routine especially of low carbohydrates is helpful.
Our almost 15 year old poodle dog has been getting insulin type L for a year. We inject her twice per day. As far as we know, she was the world's first dog to use a needleless injection system. The one we use is called the AdvantaJet, GentleJet version by Activa 1-800 991 4464 ask for Joy. Joy is in Prince Edward Island, Canada. Dick Stemp 1-866-640-6890 has also been very helpful. He is the USA salesman.
She apparently makes some of her own insulin, unpredictably up to three times per day, but briefly, so her blood sugar is either too low or too high most of the time, and flips between states in less than hour sometimes. So far there have been no serious complications. We make a graph of her urine sugar which reflects high blood sugar with about a one hour delay. Urine sugar probably would not work for male dogs who save some urine for the next tree or fire plug. Wish us luck. Neil
0 Replies