Your local animal shelter...?

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 07:25 pm
I hope its ok to post this here, its not an ad for anything specific... its just a suggestion. I've gotten involved and I see how much good it can do.

I've always heard that if you donate to charities, or help when you don't have to, that you shouldn't toot your own horn about it simply to get praise.

Well, I don't toot my own horn, but I will encourage other people to do something...

Most towns have animal shelters. Animal shelters operate on donations usually. Donations of money, supplies, and people's time. What can you do?...

Sign up for volunteer work to walk dogs, pet cats, do some filing, clean if you want, PR work, or using your PC to make flyers for them.
Call and see what they need that day, things you can go and buy for them.
Donate money that can be allocated for certain things.

Animal shelters usually do good things for the animals, and as well, for the community. You wouldn't want stray dogs and cats running rampant in your neighborhood would you?

Just a suggestion Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,112 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 08:32 pm
LRR, I think that's a brilliant idea and I am going to check it out tomorrow as to where they are in my area.

I'm a big believer in volunteering, and there is so much one person can do to help out whether it's with time or money.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will act on it:)
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 05:35 am
Cool!
0 Replies