Help me answer some questions for my sociology paper :)

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 06:19 pm
I have a paper I need to write for my sociology class and would appreciate if a few people could help by answering some questions for me!?
First please put you name, age and profession. Smile Please try to answer them in detail and really explain why you feel that way. Thank you so much in advance!
1. Do you think that rape is currently a big issue in our society? Why or why not?
2.How does rape affect our society as a whole? Which population do you think is more greatly affected?
3.In a study of 687 rape allegations made in 2012 it was found that when the victim of rape portrayed some kind of "vulnerability" (intoxication, underage, mental illness or handicap, etc.) there was a higher probability the case wouldn't be passed on for prosecution. Why do you think that is? How do you feel about that? Do you think the case is less valid if the victim is less able to defend themselves?
4.Do you think there are any positive solutions we as a society could enforce to keep rape from happening as often?
5.Who's responsibility is it to keep rape from happening? Is it more important for men to be taught about consent and that rape is wrong or to teach women to keep themselves from situations that will likely end in sexual assault?
6.Do you believe binge drinking and rape are closely correlated? Why or why not?
7.What are your thoughts on people lying about being raped? How is it evident that a victim is lying about the assault?

Again thank you so much for answering my questions! It will help me greatly Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,365 • Replies: 11
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 06:33 pm
@bridgetmarron,
Provide your own answers, and I'll be more than happy to comment.
bridgetmarron

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 06:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I need other people's answers for my paper. If I could just use my own answers I wouldn't need to ask for others to answer it
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 07:33 pm
@bridgetmarron,
Your teacher needs retraining.
There are resources out in web land with all the information needed to answer all those questions. You still haven't learned how to use the internet. Learn.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 08:12 pm
@bridgetmarron,
Which society or country are these being asked about? This is an international forum.

The questions are complicated and require more than simple answers. We've been debating these issues for a decade on this forum in tens of thousands of posts. You can take a look at some of them here:

http://able2know.org/forum/rape/
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 09:59 am
@bridgetmarron,
I believe this topic is inappropriate for a classroom. That's my answer.

There's scientific things to say about rape. eye roll. Study rape. Absolutely. Absolutely students, absolutely. Where do you go to college?

Why are these scientific questions??????...??? That's absurd. That's what I would write. shrugs. but I'm not a student, in America. anymore. Can I make my own scientific question just to mock it?

Your essay: Science of Rape, and other Absurdities

maybe ex nihilo can go under there too.
kiuku

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 02:23 pm
@kiuku,
something I came up with is how Society is dealing with unwanted things. The best and most rampant way to deal with unwanted things is to shun them, not study them as if a science problem.

Amazing society has no problem shunning women but does shun rape. Here is a list of shunned women: woman woman woman woman inventor woman inventor woman inventor

I don't know, that's the problem I dealt with in Feminism is that men just want women to talk about them. Perpetrators want people to talk about their crime; maybe that's even the point of rape.

It's not scientific, that's the comedic part. I mean you're kidding right? That's hilarious that someone thinks or wants you to be scientific about what men do, or about rape. Please study it. lol.

Rape is too continuous to be scientific. And, then even the points are absurd, like, as if there could be a problematic conclusion where for instance a woman is raped but she does not know who her attacker is she is probably more likely to report the rape; a drunk woman may be less ashamed and may be more likely to report a rape and so on-to waste a point, on how non scientific it is. I mean, talk about men please. eye roll.

Shunning is the way society should or does deal with breaches of ethics, society is still very capable of shunning. I no longer waste my time writing about men. Men obviously want women to 'figure them out' like serial killers. That's half the point. It just seems like a waste of life and time.

I would point out that society is obviously proud of rape, because society uses shunning to disagree, and then you can write the rest of the essay about Great women who have been shunned; therefore you have both avoided being rebellious learner, and dismissed the point which is to have you sit there and think about men, making sure atleast 90% of the essay is about women.
0 Replies

bridgetmarron

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 06:37 pm
@kiuku,
It was for a paper about crime. They're not scientific questions. It's Sociology. I just needed to know people's opinions.
bridgetmarron

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 06:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Actually he doesn't. You just don't know what you're talking about. I can easily answer those questions. It does take quite a bit of explaining and it's based on opinions but still possible to answer. I know how to use the internet. I'm not dumb. I needed other people's opinions because that was the assignment.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 06:40 pm
@bridgetmarron,
You mean, your teacher wanted to know other people's opinions. Big difference.
And how does this contribute to 'your' education?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 06:53 pm
@bridgetmarron,
I'm answering this post late, but why are you asking us in internet land, do you know no humans?

Why should I tell you my name, age or professions, as not all of us only have one, at least re professions?

Slightly looking at your questions, I see matters that I might care about. But, hey you are using all those for points for your text.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 06:59 pm
My answers are in red..Smile

1. Do you think that rape is currently a big issue in our society? Why or why not?
Sure it's a big issue, women should be protected against dumb rapists

2.How does rape affect our society as a whole? Which population do you think is more greatly affected?
If somebody's female, rapists will rape her if they get the chance

3.In a study of 687 rape allegations made in 2012 it was found that when the victim of rape portrayed some kind of "vulnerability" (intoxication, underage, mental illness or handicap, etc.) there was a higher probability the case wouldn't be passed on for prosecution. Why do you think that is? How do you feel about that? Do you think the case is less valid if the victim is less able to defend themselves?
Perhaps the Law feels she was partly to blame for letting herself get into a situation where a rapist could exploit her.

4.Do you think there are any positive solutions we as a society could enforce to keep rape from happening as often?
Yeah women shouldn't get themselves into situations

5.Who's responsibility is it to keep rape from happening? Is it more important for men to be taught about consent and that rape is wrong or to teach women to keep themselves from situations that will likely end in sexual assault?
Rapists don't care about consent, women should be told to keep out of situations

6.Do you believe binge drinking and rape are closely correlated? Why or why not?
If a woman is drunk a rapist will seize his chance

7.What are your thoughts on people lying about being raped? How is it evident that a victim is lying about the assault?
If there's no solid proof, the case should never come to court
0 Replies