Yahoo to Offer More Free E Mail Space

bigdice67

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 07:36 am
Is it that cool? Just curious, don't want to go thru the trouble of changing my email-address, and all that stuff... Just lazy, I guess.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 08:18 am
it is. it organizes email in threads - your original email and all replies to that email will be in one thread instead of in 5 or 6 separate messages. it has labels that you can mark messages with - kinda file them that way, while they stay in inbox. and, the best - you search messages, never have to scroll down and hunt through pages of all emails. just type in what you're looking for, like in google.
it's aaaaaaaawesome.
if you want a gmail account, pm me with your current email address, i can 'invite' you - that's how it works. you cannot just sign up like with hotmail or yahoo.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:05 am
yahoo! offers the search, the flag, and mark as unread functions. It doesn't have the thread organizer, sounds cool, but do I need it? Don't know, really.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:06 am
Bigdice, mac mail has all of that too, and can be used with any email address.

(I just started using it, still getting used to it, WAY cool.)
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:09 am
Yeah, soz, but .mac isn't free yet, is it? I know it has load of cool features, but as I said, I'm too lazy... :-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:12 am
That's what I'm saying, mac mail -- not dot mac -- IS free, on your computer, and can be used with any email address.

Do you have an icon with a stamp with a falcon or something on it at the bottom of your screen? Then you have mac mail.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 06:17 pm
Aaaah,that button in my dock? I took that one out of the dock...
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 01:43 pm
onyxelle wrote:
i dont need it. i barely get 2 megs on a consistent basis.

Husker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is no longer the case. Eek
0 Replies