Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 09:03 am
In the book of revelations it teaches of many messianic prophecies, the end of this world, 2nd coming, rapture, etc.
What always grabs me is the intelligence of its authors - They designed it to supercede observation. For, when the final conflict and apocalypse have taken place, every observer will be dead.
Ultimately there will be nobody left to verify the authenticity of that, or any other of its prophecies. If just one observer remains the prophecies still cannot be debunked, for they may still come to pass.

Okay - we all know the bible was arranged by Constantine and the other main religious leaders at nicaea in the 4th century as a societal control mechanism, but how brilliant its original authors were in the art of semantics is so easily overlooked.

One of my favourite one-liners is - Give unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and to god, that which is gods'.
To a christian - this implies that which is of material value belongs to the rulers and that which is of spiritual value belongs to god.
This is very deep and meaningful to the very shallow and pointless, but to the educated class (Rulers) All it means is stfu and pay your taxes.

Do you have any favourite biblical one-liners?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 13,578 • Replies: 22

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 09:42 am
@mark noble,
If you are going to bad-mouth it, Mark...

...you really ought to at least get the name right.

It ain't Revelations.

It is Revelation.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:39 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Do you have any favourite biblical one-liners?

Baby got back.
F*ck tha Police.
Mama said knock you out.
Walk this way.
Whip it good.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:44 am
@mark noble,
How do you debunk something noone even agrees about in meaning?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You're a legend in your own mind. Tell us some more about Hegel!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:51 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Whip it good.

The Revised Standard Version: Whip it real good.
King James: Whipith good, saith the Lord.
Satanic Bible: Whipith good shalt be the whole of the law.

BTW Devo recorded their first EPs in my basement.
mark noble

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 06:04 am
@bobsal u1553115,
WOW! You Really take offence fella. After parading around for 3 days as 'Nark Mobble', I truly believed your venting accomplished. But no, now I have a neurotic narcissistic stalker all of my own......

You on drugs bobsy boy?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 10:30 pm
@mark noble,
I don't know WHAT you're talking about. Do you?

Quote:
You on drugs bobsy boy?

Why, do you need more? Y0u're so cute sleeping in your own puke. Even so, maybe you should start cutting back!
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 04:28 pm
@mark noble,
the thing you might find interesting is that, I've debunked it too, basically it's translated..well I didn't debunk it but it, Aramaic, can translate into two or more different texts.

I translated an entirely different story-and I stopped-there, realizing that the dead language is hyperbolic, and labyrinthine and supposed to be, so stopping because I did not want to blaspheme the translation given by someone else.

The important piece of information is that Aramaic looks, or the exciting fact I claim I found is that it is a hyperbolic language-like a cipher you have to know the original intent, a language indecipherable. Therefore I figured out the correct way to look at it is that it is definitely prophecy. And there I stopped translating because I didn't want to be a blasphemer.

It's basically that I have things that are extremely blasphemous, and that's what I'm afraid of.

So I have a pagan text that I translated out of it. I have an elaborate and believable translation, pagan account, of different pagan celebrations, during which time a feud began because Christians were trying to go to their celebrations, and also eat meat and party with them, and so their temple lord forcebly removed a christian, and there a fight began, or a war with Christians, due to being at their feast, because it's basically that Christians weren't supposed to eat meat and that kind of thing, so one time they got kicked out and told not to be hypocrites.

Upon translating it I figured that the language itself is probably hyperbolic, a riddle language from ancient Greece, a more interesting fact.

No one knows Aramaic, by the way-I've corrected a few vocabulary words.

I feel like I just get these things because they're blasphemous: the delay is serious, unlike my plagiarizers. The delay is the work, that I have to do, to make sure what I publish print or write isn't a blasphemy.
mark noble

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 05:01 pm
@kiuku,
Only the 'godly' can blastheme, commit sin etc.
If you are not 'godly' you can do/say what you like.
Pissing people off who do believe in gods and devils is both futile and inconsiderate though.
Executing your opinion as and when inspired is fine.

kiuku

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 08:55 pm
@mark noble,
Yea well, I am godly. I can count to 3 (What Nietzsche said.)

Yea...

blasphemy becomes godly so quickly though--that's what people want to buy/read. blasphemy is literally the part that they like.

this goes under mystery; basically what they desire.

Personally that's what I would be afraid of.

it was so quickly desired. but it's not a real fire, you know, it's not "really" godly. These people it seems are devils, not more. It's mystery: that's what they want.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 08:57 pm
"Jesus went through all the towns and villages...."come, follow me" (Matt 9:35, Matt 4:19)

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/8567/8tcv.jpg
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 05:46 pm
@kiuku,
Becoming 'Your' audience is not becoming of 'you'
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 10:53 am
Quote:
Topic title: The Book Of Revelations - Debunked

Nobody, not even Christians or "scholars" or anybody else can figger out Revelation, so it's therefore impossible to debunk something we don't understand..Smile
It starts off fairly easy to understand as John the disciple begins writing it by giving the early churches messages from God saying "Get your act together", but then it gets much harder to understand later (like Cash Cab questions), because it's as if God is saying "Seeing as you're here let me just run this past you", and he shows John stuff like the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse, which John writes down as best he can in earthly language.
In that respect most of the Book of Revelation is therefore unfathomable, a bit like the Matrix script, or the rules of American football..Smile
mark noble

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Yeah, that sums it up.
Thanks for sharing.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 07:26 pm
@mark noble,
But don't forget we can all still have open-minded FUN by discussing Revelation and any other bits of the Bible and kick various ideas and speculations around, for example..Smile-

Jesus said - "Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it,but small is the gate and narrow
the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."(Matt 7:13)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/stargate-search_zps3e54b809.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Stargate-jungle_zps730b39dd.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/stargate_world_zps75f6a7d8.jpg~original
mark noble

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 09:08 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Yep - He (or associated biographers) obtained these 'wise' semantic parables from buddhistic verses.
Mark (me) Verse 1 - Pretend not the wisdom of others is thine.
0 Replies

magnocrat

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 03:20 pm
@mark noble,
The correct interpretation of 'Render unto Caesar --- is:
It makes us think just what do we own in this world. The answer is in the burial service: ' We brought nothing into this world we can take nothing out.'
mark noble

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 01:40 pm
@magnocrat,
Tautology doesn't help.
The correct interpretation of 'muggle' is "Utter bollux" when thought about.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 01:44 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Spock said 'live long and prosper'.
He wasn't real either.
Nice words though.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 12:06 pm
@mark noble,
Mark, your stupidity shines for all those with any education.

The Book of Revelation teaches none of those things. And your view of 'teaching " is completely at odds with historic Christianity

Augustine's Interpretation of Scripture in De doctrina christiana

we are all free to read Scripture and take from the text whatever the Holy Spirit inspires for our good. But we must neither claim to know the author’s intention nor assert a universal and definitive meaning of any text. The former is known only by the Holy Spirit. The latter belongs to the Church alone.
0 Replies