Liberals Win Majority In Ontario

djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 04:43 am
Kathleen Wynne promises half built gas plants in every comunity

Tim Hudak fulfils his destiny, plans to go back to the only job he knows, greeter at Walmart

Andrea Horvath remains chipper and adorable, a kind of provincial parliament Mary Lou Retton

hands on hearts, let's all sing

a place to stand
a place to grow
and call this land
ontar-ri-ari-ari-o

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 05:06 am
I figured Horwath had screwed the pooch for the NDP, but she must managed to squeak by. The big losers were the Tories (which can never be a bad thing). I think Horwath had some dreams of an NDP march to the halls of power. Instead, Wynne's got a majority. Talk about coming out of something smelling like a rose.
dlowan

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 05:07 am
@djjd62,
Is that good or bad if one has progressive politics?
djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 05:09 am
@Setanta,
our area went orange last night, i was working the polls, got home an hour after closing time, heard the Liberals were heading for a majority and thought i'd slipped into some alternate reality

first thing i said, "Hudak's got to resign"

never so glad to be right in all my life
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 05:12 am
@dlowan,
good, the leader of the Liberals was seemingly in a really bad position, scandals, over spending, but the Conservative leader pulled some kind of tea party "we;re gonna destroy poor people and unions" type of rhetoric, and that obviously didn't strike the right tone
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 05:23 am
I was surprised that Hudak even managed to get elected in his riding, which is in Ottawa--after promising to start a Tory administration by firing 100,000 public sector workers. I think an investigation is called for over the vote in his riding.
0 Replies