WOW! You must have the ticket stubs in a velvet lined drawer.
I'm just going to say it right now, if anyone out there got to see Elvis Presley, they automatically win this thread by default in my opinion...
Seeing Elvis when he was young and skinny would be cooler than seeing him when he was old and fat and only performing in Las Vegas, IMO.
The New Yardbirds w Jimmy Page(hell of a concert)
The Kinks played at a dance at our school.
Now that's really cool.
Off the top of my head and not including the Carnegie Hall concerts because that would be a tad difficult to remember or look up right now.
Steven Miller, Xfinity Center (formerly Great Woods), Mansfield, MA (1986 ... 88?)
James Taylor, Xfinity Center (formerly Great Woods), Mansfield, MA (1989 or 1990)
Suzanne Vega, Boston, MA (1990?)
Metallica, Austin, TX (1992)
Gidon Kremer and Kremerata Baltica, Tanglewood, Lenox, MA (1999)
Angelique Kidjo and Bebel Gilberto NY, NY (2002?)
Placebo, Roseland Ballroom, NY, NY (2007)
Lady Gaga, NY, NY (2009)
Chris Thile, Gabriel Kahane, Brad Mehldau, (Le) Poisson Rouge, NY, NY (2011)
Punch Brothers, Rockwood Music Hall, NY, NY (2012)
Okkervil River, Grand Central Terminal, NY, NY (2013)
I haven't been to that many concerts.
1. Bob Dylan, in '64, when Highway 61 Revisited was his new album. Barry McGuire sat just a few rows behind me. Tickets were about 4 dollars.
2. Conway Twitty, when he was considered rockabilly, instead of country.
3. James Brown, in '68, at Madison Square Garden.
4. Hugh Masekela, in '68, at Lincoln Center.
5. Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Review, the year he did Hurricane. Featured artists, before his performance, were Stevie Wonder, Springsteen, forgot some. Roger McGuin and Ringo Starr played with Dylan's band.
I tried to get a ticket to the Woody Guthrie memorial concert, in NYC, but the tickets sold out too quick.
Tried to see Harry Belafonte, but $75 was more than I could afford.