Dreams and Reality,any correlation?

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 11:49 am
Hi,everyone...
I'm new on here...So i greet you all...
I wonder if dreams and reality are by any means correlated?
This because,i had a dream last night that my Cousin's kid died....It was so clear to me in the dream that the kid died....
How sad the kid died this morning...
Please,put me right where am wrong,because don't offer philosophy at school,but i like philosophizing Smile So,what are your thoughts on this? All comments appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,553 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 12:44 pm
@Solace84,
Out of curiosity, had you any prior awareness of your cousin's child being seriously ill or hospitalized before you had this dream?
DavinaTheUnicorn

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 01:29 pm
@Solace84,
If it is family, you might be right, there might be a tiny correlation. Have you ever heard that when a person you love is in danger you can feel it? Maybe that was your warning sign. Did you guys had any further relationship, i mean did you used to hang out, visit, call?
Solace84

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 04:36 pm
@Ragman,
@Ragman
yes i heard that the kid was sick,and hospitalized....
0 Replies

Solace84

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 04:44 pm
@DavinaTheUnicorn,
Yes,Unicorn,i felt like that some time ago when my younger brother had an accident.......Saw it in my dreams before it happened. In the dream,it was a close friend,but in reality,it was my brother....what a twist!
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2014 11:16 am
@Solace84,
A dream is meant to be forgotten. So it's perfectly reasonable to suppose many times the "correlation" than remembered, suggesting the most remarkable instances represent only sheer chance
Solace84

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 04:43 am
@dalehileman,
Quite true,dreams are meant to be forgotton,and thats why one dreams at times without making out anything when one wakes up......you say cheer chance? Thats mere coincidence?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 05:05 am
@Solace84,
In past ages, dreams were interpretable and meaningful, and amounted to some sort of a connection between our own lives and some sort of a spirit-world or higher-level communication system. But the planet's own ability to support that sort of thing has since mostly broken down and what you get in the vast bulk of dreams is mainly noise and little if any signal. What you've experienced is real enough, but very rare and unusual.
Solace84

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2014 12:31 pm
@gungasnake,
Thanks so much for those words 'real and rare'......I sense that dreams have some connection with one's personal life,but don't seem to figure out way....Like,there are certain kind of people in my place that their dreams always come to reality weather negative or positive.... An elderly woman that i know of,i don't know what to call her....She's kind of a spiritualist....If someone is sick and she comes to know how the person is faring,and at not the hospital though,but at home with some native medication given to the sick.....She would say to some folks that are not close relative to the sick 'He/she is dead,that the parents or who-so-ever should stop wasting their time and resources....She saw when some ghost people came and took him/her away ' The next morning the person dies.....she always say it,and it always come to reality....Just wondering
0 Replies