It's not about socks this time.

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:50 pm
We're gonna talk about hats. Yes, HATS. What kind and how many do you have? Golf, baseball, cowboy, Sherlock Holmes, straw, military, designer, caps, bowler, color, logo, and the total number that you own. You can even include the "SAN FRANCISCO, A2K Gathering" cap. Wink
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,147 • Replies: 43
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:53 pm
I have a box full of A2K SF hats minus one (thanks again), 2 fiber sun hats that I never use (unfortunately), and one turquoise hat {grin} as well as 2 winter hats. Actually, I arely use any of them. So, that's 5 not counting all the SF hats.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:02 pm
I don't think we wanna hear about my hats. I have at least 40 hats. From baseball caps to polar fleece winter hats to faux fur hats to felt fedoras to sun visors worn golfing to a beautiful picture hat from about 1895 to some hats I had custom made at a milliner to ... no, don't get me started Shocked

my after work socks today are little white ankle socks with a teensy tiny lime green ruffle around the top - and you know, don't you, that ironed socks were in that poll cuz i just KNEW in my heart of hearts about superG!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:07 pm
I always wear hats similar to the one in my avatar. The only hair I have left is what sticks out at the edges.
0 Replies

margo

HATS!!!!!!!! Cool

I got millions! Embarrassed (well, sorta!)

Well - because I'm an Aussie, I have an Akubra - that's a jackeroo (cowboy) hat.

Because I'm a fair-skinned little thing, in this country, I have about 20 assorted sun-hats, 5 of which I use regularly.

I have a couple of felt and/or woollen hats, which seldom get any use, because it doesn't get cold enough.

I have a couple of caps, mostly bearing the brand of some drug company or newfangled drug, that I wear for tennis, or bush walking, or hooning round in the convertible.

I have beanies that I never wear.

I have a couple of stylish dress hats, that I never wear, but like to look at.

I have no A2K hats. The translation from US$ to $AUS made them hideously expensive.

I mostly wear hats in summer and seldom go out without one. Even in winter, I wear a hat in the sun. Hats are quite common here, but I notice that, in Europe, even in midsummer, hats are not worn that often. In Greece, I was hard pressed to find a hat to buy. I guess the need for sun protection is really drummed into us here!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

ehBeth, We wanna see pictures of all your hats. LOL
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:10 pm
I honestly don't own a single hat. Is that sad? Can I still be in the club?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:15 pm
I've got an inherited crushable fedora-type thing I'll never wear and a couple of woolly/fleecy things to keep my head from freezing in the Wisconsin winter.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:15 pm
SCoates, You're welcome in any club of mine! But you gotta remember, I'm also a member, and that doesn't speak to well of you! Wink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:16 pm
margo, Send me your mailing address by PM, and I'll send you a "SAN FRANCISCO, A2K Gathering, April 9-12, 2004" cap - gratis. No currency exchange needed. Wink
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:19 pm
Hooning?

What is it with Aussienglish language?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:21 pm
pd, Look at this link for "hooning." Wink http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/05/07/1083911404317.html?from=top5
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:29 pm
Huh. Imagining margo hooning and turning chap laps in her hotted up auto.

(A McDonalds in downtown Seattle is much reviled for playing old C&W along the sidewalk to discourage loitering. Thing is, I liked a lot of the tunes. Using Hank Williams, Sr. as torture. Jr., yes. Sr., no.)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 12:32 am
I have a few hats that I never wear because I don't like wearing hats.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 01:17 am
The only hat, I ever wore, is the one on my avatar (though later got a "real" one :wink: ).
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:04 pm
Hats always give me a headache. I prefer my hair blowing in the breeze.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:13 pm
You can send me hats - I collect them - I prefer fitted, I'll get you the size later if you want. I prolly have 200+ hats. It drives Mrs Husker crazy.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:16 pm
patiodog wrote:
Hooning?

What is it with Aussienglish language?

PD - my hooning is ever so refined, I'll have you know.
A friend has this great Saab convertible, and we do some country tripping, with the top down wherever possible, bearing in mind our extremely pale Irish skin, and the heat here. In summer, the roof and aircon is just essential.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:48 pm
I thought you all drove around in Land Cruisers with a dozen threadbare spare tires (excuse me, tyres) strapped to the roof.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:48 pm
Threadbare? Treadbare, maybe. Bald, definitely. My mind rolled under the futon, and I'm too lazy to fish it out.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » It's not about socks this time.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 06:54:58