Should I accept my boyfriend's propose?

Thu 29 May, 2014 10:58 pm
I am 25 years old this year, and I become a older girl in our country, as most of girls are get married before 24 in our country. I breaked up with my ex-boyfriend last year, beacuse he don't want to get marrriage with me, that's made me so upset. I konw my new boyfriend at the begining of this year, his home is nearby my home, he is a honest man, and he loves me so much, all of my family are accepted him. But actully, I don't like him, just don't hate him. I don't like his character. But to be truely, he is a man who suitble for marriage. His incomes aslo not very high, just belong a middle level. My family and friends persuade me accept him, beacuse he is a reliable and faithful guy, treat me well and his home nearby my home.

I don't know how to choice, Should I accept this guy who can't give me any feeling but he loves me so much?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,655 • Replies: 14
Topic Closed
No top replies

roger

Thu 29 May, 2014 11:08 pm
@Chris-Zhang,
I really think it would be unfair to him, but I don't know a thing about your culture. He sounds great in every way except that you don't especially care for him.
0 Replies

Chris-Zhang

Thu 29 May, 2014 11:25 pm
I just don't like this type of man, he doesn't like chat, have no humor.
roger

Thu 29 May, 2014 11:28 pm
@Chris-Zhang,
Don't marry him, for goodness sake. You won't be happy, and neither will he.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 30 May, 2014 12:06 am
@Chris-Zhang,
Let this guy go and find some better way to meet men who you might like better.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Fri 30 May, 2014 05:33 am
Do not get into a love-less marriage. You will be sad all your life.

Wait for love.

24 is YOUNG!! Wait for the ONE that YOU love.
0 Replies

Chris-Zhang

Fri 30 May, 2014 07:37 am
I am try to dating with him, may be I will fall in love him one day, ?
Ragman

Fri 30 May, 2014 07:59 am
@Chris-Zhang,
It's highly unlikely that will happen. Why try? Find someone else for whom you feel passion. because the time for that with this guy may have already passed. 25 yrs of age is still quite young.

You're from a vastly different culture than mine but try to ignore the pressure to get married now. You don't have a partner that's suitable and compatible for you emotionally.

Also put in perspective your parents are more focused on different qualities that motivate you. You need to feel passion for your partner..and this is not going to happen based on the history of this relationship.
0 Replies

Thomas

Fri 30 May, 2014 08:05 am
@Chris-Zhang,
What are the alternatives like in your country? Is life as a single woman so bad that the chance of finding a husband you really love isn't worth the risk??
0 Replies

Chris-Zhang

Fri 30 May, 2014 08:44 am
I had two love experience, but failed, I have no courage to bear another failed love story.
Ragman

Fri 30 May, 2014 08:47 am
@Chris-Zhang,
Like it or not...we all have to deal with certain facts of life and risk. Heartache is part of the process of being in relationship. There are no guarantees. However, you can minimize the downside by finding someone who is worth it and makes you happy. It all takes time and patience...and experience.
Chris-Zhang

Fri 30 May, 2014 08:51 am
@Ragman,
Thank you
0 Replies

Thomas

Fri 30 May, 2014 08:57 am
@Chris-Zhang,
Chris-Zhang wrote:
I had two love experience, but failed, I have no courage to bear another failed love story.

What about bearing no love story at all? Why not stay single, and maybe have the occasional fling just for sex?
0 Replies

bryancullen142

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:03 am
@Chris-Zhang,
If you don't like him so don't accept his proposal, and much better to tell him your real feelings to him. Don't be unfair.
0 Replies

chai2

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:06 am
hmmm....From the OP's name, I'm guessing the culture she comes from involved arranged marriages for a long long time.

Didn't it happen that you married a good man or woman, and the love came along as you worked together and raised a family?
0 Replies