Special formula for 7 weeks old kitten

snooty

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:53 pm
Do 7-weeks-old orphan kittens need "special" formula to compensate for mother's natural milk that has all the immunity against diseases?

The kittens are already eating dry science diet, kitten's formula. But do they need something additional to that?

This "special formula", BENE-BAC Beneficial Bacteris (live bacteria) is supposed to be for typical digestion problems among kittens. The symptoms for such problem is supposed to be diarrehea. My kitten seems to have diarreha a little.

If you know the answer to this, your reply is appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 937 • Replies: 3
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 06:00 pm
By 6 weeks kittens are ready to leave there mother, therefor as long as they're eating and drinking fine there is nothing to worry about.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:38 pm
Don't know where you are, snooty, but PetsMart (big chain store) carries its own brand of cat food under the label "Authority." It's the best for controlling kitten diarrhea. The vets here all recommend it.
0 Replies

snooty

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 10:05 am
Thank you, both!
0 Replies