I sure miss my mom.

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:22 am
It's been a long time since I've seen my mother. I still remember the day I left the Black Forest and decided to travel to the United States.

When I broke the news to my mother she started crying and saying, "Don't go, Gustav. This is your home."

My dad was all for the idea. He said, "Get the hell out of here, Gustav. And don't bother to write!"

I left the next day.

As I slowly walked toward the train station, I glanced back at my mom. She was staring out the window, a look of angst in her eyes.

"I love you, Gustav. I will miss you terribly."

That was that last time I saw my mom. I'll never forget her face staring at me from that window.

http://cfc.state.ky.us/cfconline/august2000/old%20woman.jpg

I hope she's still alive, but if she is, she'd be around 145.

Whatever.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I think about you all the time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,080 • Replies: 52
No top replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:30 am
Where are the Black Hills?

This is an interesting story.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:33 am
The Black Hills are in South Dakota. But what do they have to do with this story?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:37 am
maybe your allusion to the 'Black Forest' was forshadowing, eh?
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:38 am
I was just wondering... there are places called Black Hills in several states.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:42 am
This is a sad story Gus, I hope it isn't true.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:44 am
Will you be my mom, colorbook?

Just for today.

I'm hurting.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:46 am
I saw your mom last week when I was there on a business trip, gus. She was still happily flipping flapjacks for the lumberjacks who live in the shacks right over the tracks, though she rests more often when time slacks. She's too busy to pine, she says.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:48 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I saw your mom last week ....... She's too busy to "pine", she says.

so then, being spring, she started "sprucing"!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:54 am
Thanks for the update, Edgar. I'm sure glad my Mom is still alive.

You didn't mess around with her, did you?
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:55 am
no mess Gus; Edgar is always 'fully equipped'! :wink:
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:56 am
Gus, I could never take her placeĀ…besides, I'm not old enough to be your mother.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:58 am
I was a saint, gus.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 07:58 am
maybe Gus can wait!? Rolling Eyes

he's got lots of time on his hands!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:03 am
Quote:
Gus, I could never take her placeĀ…besides, I'm not old enough to be your mother.

Hell, colorbook, I don't care if you're sixteen.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:10 am
I saw this commercial on TV. This woman looks a bit like your Mom's picture...is it her? She became famous.

http://www.bigfatliarmovie.com/grandma/grandma.html
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:13 am
being Gus' mother automatically bestows 'fame' on her!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:31 am
gustav, have no fear. As Estelle Getty isn't doing much these days, she has offered to hire herself out to be your mother. You two will have a million laughs as she rehashes schtick for you from not only Golden Girls, but Golden Palace and Empty Nest as well. Over tea, you will be thrilled to listen to her ramble on about her Broadway career and charity work. I'm looking out for you, gus, tomorrow should be fun after all.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 08:33 am
remember Gus; we're on your side (even if it does look a little like we're scheming away behind your back)! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 8 May, 2004 12:42 pm
I'll be your Mother-for-a-Day, Gus. Tomorrow, of course. Plan on it.

After we get back from that lovely, expensive brunch you're taking me to, we'll spend the afternoon talking. I've been waiting for a good chance to tell you what I think about that godforsaken hellhole you're living in. It's time you cleaned that place up. And your so-called "friends!" Hmph. You need a wife, son. A good, solid girl who can keep you in line. My friend Ethyl has a daughter who's between husbands, I'll introduce you. I'll even help you plan a healthier lifestyle, clean all that junk food & liquor out of your kitchen, perhaps even set up a regular exercise plan. It'll do you good. How are you doing financially, by the way? From the looks of it, you haven't been spending your money on clothing or your house. Tsk, tsk. Speaking of clothing, you can take me shopping. I've been needing some new lingerie. And I'll need to make a few other stops, too, if you don't mind. Yes, yes, we'll just make a day of it. How nice.

Oh, and I like yellow roses. Send yellow roses, please. It's the least you can do for your poor mother.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I sure miss my mom.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 04:34:43