chai2

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 11:52 am
@tsarstepan,
I'll tell you one thing I really like about that house is the covered patio.

However, I would want to know what direction that open part is facing.

If the side facing the is West, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Keep in mind though, that I live somewhere that gets really hot in during the long summer.
I just looked on google maps, and the location at the time was an empty lot. It looks like the house would be facing North. That means the afternoon sun will be coming directly onto the patio area, since the garage is set back. No way.

I took a virtual tour of the neighborhood. Yeah, the houses are nice, just of an older style mostly. I don't see how this house would look glaringly out of place. I never see new houses being built like the older ones, so what is someone supposed to do?

BTW, I like the windows personally.

Paint color doesn't influence me, I can change it to whatever I want.
firefly

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 09:30 pm
@chai2,
I don't think the house is glaringly out of place in that particular neighborhood either. I think it's an interesting addition. The drawings of what it will look like when it is fully finished and landscaped, look far more attractive than some of the homes already there.

And they were given approval to built that house, in that area, and to try to now stop it, or remove it, when it's already 80% completed, seems to me extremely unreasonable.

The other homes reflect varying architectural styles, so it's not as though they are trying to maintain any particular uniformity in terms of style or period. And no new home constructed there is going to be "historic" in any event.

It's not my personal taste or preference, in terms of appearance, but it's not going to be an eyesore or seriously detract from that enclave. People just have to give themselves time to adjust to it's simply being there. When it becomes more familiar, I think it will appear to blend in more. And, in time, it will be another historic home.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 09:40 pm
You would never get a house past zoning in this town. Not that close to the street.
0 Replies