which is the best and true religion?

tsarstepan

Thu 1 May, 2014 04:49 am
@forttyfive,
Red Sox Nation.

It's Mecca is Fenway Park.
Setanta

Thu 1 May, 2014 05:44 am
I prefer the Æsir in Asgard. I hope to die with a sword or a battle ax in my hand, so that i can go to Valhalla and fight all day and feast all night. Those who die without a sword, or ax or spear in hand will go to Nilfheim, the freezing realm of Hel, where the serpent Corpse Ripper will devour their bodies every day.

The gods don't give a rat's ass about us. They have their own soap opera to work out. We can only attract the attention of the gods if we are bold and courageous. I am now working on a project to invade France, rape all the woman and steal all of the silver and gold. It's bold and courageous, and i hope to therefore have the help of Thor and Odin with my project.
edgarblythe

Thu 1 May, 2014 05:56 am
@Setanta,
Do you need any help? I am semi-retired. I could get out to rape and pillage. I saw a sword in a resale shop -
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 1 May, 2014 06:04 am
@Setanta,
Ill pencil it in.

0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 1 May, 2014 08:50 am
All help will be greatly appreciated. I'll need people who can con a long ship for the first phase.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 1 May, 2014 12:45 pm
Contact Ragnar Lothbrok...or his friend Floki.

But proceed very, very carefully.

These guys are touchy!
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 1 May, 2014 03:16 pm
Raven Floki was a goofball, and probably a liar, too. I'll pass on him. Ragnar Lothbrokson never realized his ambition, because he died before he had the chance. But his sons--Ivar the Boneless, Ubbe and Haldan Ragnarson--were some stand-up dudes. Would that i could have them at my side.
farmerman

Thu 1 May, 2014 06:45 pm
@Setanta,
How bout Balthasar the Phlegmatic?
Nobody could mess with his cool.
Too bad he got that pike up his ass at the Battle of Thwigin's Cleft.
Setanta

Fri 2 May, 2014 03:03 am
Unfortunately, the gods don't guarantee success. It seems they are as entertained by pike staves up the ass as they are crushing victories.
farmerman

Fri 2 May, 2014 03:08 am
@Setanta,

Buttermilk

Fri 2 May, 2014 03:37 am
@forttyfive,
Whichever religion that is positively fulfilling for you. Rather open-ended question.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 2 May, 2014 11:55 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Tsarstepan is a god.

Hmmm? Wink
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 2 May, 2014 11:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Red Sox Nation.

It's Mecca is Fenway Park.

Be gone thou worshipper of Satan!

(Let's Go Yankees!)
farmerman

Sat 3 May, 2014 12:12 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
To show that I don't accept anything about Intelleigent Design, Im Phillies Fan
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 3 May, 2014 12:22 am
@farmerman,
That fans of any of Philly's teams exist seriously questions both the existence of God and the efficacy of evolution.

At least fans of Boston's teams fulfill the cosmic requirement of a presence of Evil, and offer a competing (albeit doomed) alternative evolutionary branch.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 3 May, 2014 12:24 am
@farmerman,
Thanks to Wikipedia, we can all be Historians.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 3 May, 2014 12:31 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
That fans of any of Philly's teams exist seriously questions both the existence of God and the efficacy of evolution

"efficacy" is not what evolution is about. That would imply design. Philly fans have ADAPTED to fear, loathing interspersed with very very brief laminae of elation.
Very natural selectionish
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 3 May, 2014 12:54 am
@farmerman,
Efficacy doesn't at all imply design. In fact, it is a common argument against Intelligent Design that Evolution, all by itself, could create an eyeball or a bird's wing. Both are very effective as are any trait that promotes a species survival.

Mutations may be immaterial or even harmful, but it is difficult to imagine that there is anything we can call Evolution if the process isn't effective.
farmerman

Sat 3 May, 2014 04:34 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
there are many examples of critters that never made it. (Several early tetrapods had 8 "fingered mitts" and these persisted for millions of years . Eyes with crystal lenses or no focus mechanisms is clearly seen in many fossils yet these species were often more successful than we have been.
You are measuring "efficacy" as if it was a goal, and really its not. Efficacy has often been nothing more than a compromise for an adaptation for something entirely different than what it shows up doing.
Evolution has always been a record of fits and starts and really dumb design and "making do". because almost every root functionality had been clearly defined by the time flatworms developed, genomes either grew gene by gene or "cosmic hedgehog" trimmed its function yet the gene remains as a fossil on the organisms gene structure