Where do you feel at home (outside of home)?

Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:50 pm
Today after returning my books to the library, I began to just go through the stacks of books browsing. While in between stacks I let out a little sigh and could smell the books in a sense. I then thought how content and at home I feel I am. I was very happy and comfortable (I guess I am a bit of a book nerd) -- I just love the library and being among all those books.

Is there an unusual place you just feel is right? You feel so at home and comfortable at - as goldilocks would say its just right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 10 • Views: 631 • Replies: 13

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 06:28 pm
@Linkat,
I'll go on about this, but not until tomorrow.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 07:19 pm
@Linkat,
The movie theater followed by the library.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 07:35 pm
In a yoga class, and especially before the class begins.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 07:36 pm
on the empty big stage at C2.

I like to get there early when it is silent...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 07:46 pm
@Linkat,
Have nothing like that since moving to New Mexico (I miss it). In California, I had three goto spots.

One was the beach town of Pacific Grove near Monterey where I would go to enjoy the monarch butterfly migration.

Second spot was a cabin in the mountain town of Arnold near Angels Camp. If I close my eyes I can still smell the fresh air and pine trees.

Third and all time favorite home away from home spot was the backyard of a friend who lived on a Pt. Reyes hillside overlooking Tomales Bay. Sometimes we flew kites in the wind, other times a bunch of us would just hang out in their huge hot tub and enjoy the sunset. A weekend visit there was the equivalent of a two week vacation elsewhere.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 07:57 pm
@Butrflynet,
anywhere there are old books

___

different corners of this studio make me breathe really deeply and allow me to relax

https://irs3.4sqi.net/img/general/width960/24233718_ZV8lDJ1knhEcSMzCCA41s0X9KOr0yni81YdxnTutwFs.jpg

I've napped on the chaise (hidden under that collection of pillows)

https://irs1.4sqi.net/img/general/width960/24233718_YKqsfGjCvmfFRpJYuww4jOCUtdMbbOGYa4p9LQ53iVw.jpg
0 Replies

Enaj

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:24 pm
At my sister's house, she makes me always welcome....also at the town near her which I lived in for one year and was the shopping town for my family when growing up. We lived in the country. I've been away for decades but for visits, it is still "home" to me.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 01:00 am
A kosher deli. It's the smell. Aah. Home.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 08:32 am
Funny so many people mention the smells -- I did not write that - but yeah the smells of the books.

I heard some where that the strongest memory for us humans is smells.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 08:58 am
@Linkat,
Not surprisingly...on almost any golf course. And for a mood of peace and relaxation...walking the beach or sitting in a sand chair at the Jersey shore.

Either of those places help make me "feel at home"...but there is no place like home. I am a homebody...and so is Nancy. Whether out in the backyard...sitting on the deck...or in the living room with the cats poking about...there ain't no place like home.
chai2

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

but there is no place like home. I am a homebody...and so is Nancy. Whether out in the backyard...sitting on the deck...or in the living room with the cats poking about...there ain't no place like home.

I'm with you Frank.

I worked hard to get a nice home, why wouldn't I want to be there to enjoy it?

That's partly why I feel at home in a yoga class. I can go in, not saying a word and no one thinks you're being anti-social. I can lay down on the floor and just be. Then I can do movements that in most other settings would look strange, and it's totally normal there.
Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 09:19 am
@chai2,
Quote:
I can go in, not saying a word and no one thinks you're being anti-social. I can lay down on the floor and just be. Then I can do movements that in most other settings would look strange, and it's totally normal there.

hmm I thought as I began reading this -- just like the library - I can go in, not saying a word and no one thinks your're being anti-social.

Then it went all sour after that. On second thought -- I think I have seen this at the library where I used to live. So there it would be the norm - where I used to live the main library was walking distance from a homeless shelter. The atrium and grounds held many a colorful character.

Night and day to where I am now.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 10:41 am
@Linkat,
On my motorcycle, traveling down a country road, with no other vehicles.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Where do you feel at home (outside of home)?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 06:28:21