Do people actually fall for this????

fealola

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:36 pm
Look at this spam e-mail I got. Can you believe it? Is it really worth their effort? Do people actually fall for this??::

"This message was sent by the Citi=AE Cards Email Verification Server to verify your email address.

You must complete this process by clicking on the link below and entering in the small window your Citibank ATM full Card Number and Pin that you use on ATM.

(Please make sure that pop-up windows are enabled in your Internet Browser, otherwise you will not be able to see the small window) This is done for your protection, because some of our members no longer have access to their email addresses and we must verify them.

To verify your e-mail address and access you Citibank account, click on the link below.

If nothing happens when you click on the link, just copy and past the link into address bar of your web browser"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,891 • Replies: 26
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:41 pm
Well, it went pretty smoothly after I gave them my Citibank account number.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:47 pm
You mean it's a SCAM?????!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohmigawd!!!!!

kiddin'.......lol....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:00 pm
My first clue was that I DON'T HAVE A CITIBANK ACCOUNT!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:09 pm
I'm in the process of removing all our funds from cityBank. They're too stupid to handle our money; they lost a IRA rollover check for $30,000 that we couldn't get the issuing bank to reissue, because they have a policy we had to wait 90 days to make sure it wasn't cashed - and they told us it was for "our" protection.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:11 pm
citiBank charged us $30 for an unitemized item last month. I have now changed my social security direct deposit to our other bank. After I make sure that the direct deposit takes place this month, I'm closing my checking account at citibank.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 12:12 am
cavfancier wrote:
My first clue was that I DON'T HAVE A CITIBANK ACCOUNT!

I know! Me too!

And C.I., Maybe it really came from Citibank??? -- Or are the scammers taking advantage of the Citibank stupidity??:roll

Yikes. I guess if they send out a million of these and one bites, they make money! Amazing.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 12:17 am
Now that Nigerian bloke who e-mailed me was quite friendly. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 03:53 am
Unfortunately, some people do fall for those scams :-(
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 03:58 am
A nice nigerian fellow wanted to give me $30 million once, but I told him that he was far too generous and I couldn't accept.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 04:10 am
ah Montana, it's nothing Smile all Africa wants to give me money. You are popular only in Nigeria, while people from Togo, Mali, Ghana, Zimbabwe and Nigeria are basically fighting who will put more money on my account Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 04:15 am
Wow!!! You are so fortunate to have such generous folks in your life ;-)
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 11:55 am
well, what can I say... Smile
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 12:08 pm
Hey! That Nigerian offered it to me first!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 12:10 pm
Sheeeeze. I fell for something. I clicked on Montana's link, and it said that I didn't belong to the CLUB. I've already paid my dues. Sad

Fealola, I guess W.C. Fields was right. You can't cheat an honest man.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 12:12 pm
I have my Mercedes listed at a site for sale - I get contacts from all the fraud guys - I laugh when I reply to tell them to send me money orders in advance.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 12:33 pm
I ordered stuff from a truffle supplier in Italy one time, and had to transfer money to them. They gave me all their banking information, even though they never met me. I'm thinking maybe I should check out what's in there....isn't the net a freaky thing?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 01:47 pm
Wow, Cav. That's amazing!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 06:44 pm
Ah, maybe you should warn them.. if you still have the info.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 07:03 pm
You, know, I was just thinking of that, Osso? And boy, am I stupid I just looked and trashed the E-mail. Hmm but I guess I can forward what I posted here to CitiBank. Good Idea.
0 Replies