Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 05:14 am
I recently took my cat to the vet, thinking she had a hairball cough, and it turns out that she has allergies.

They gave her a shot for that, and I have to giver her cough syrup.

We are moving in a year or so, but until then... is there anything else I can do for her?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 925 • Replies: 2
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 01:31 pm
Sorry, but I don't have any answers. Just another question. What do you mean by a hairball cough?

My cat has this cough thing too, but he never coughs up a hairball. He looks like he's going to, and he makes this wretching noise, but it lasts for about thirty seconds and then it's done. It happens maybe once every couple days. Do you think it could be the same thing?
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:13 pm
Maybe. I just thought it was a hairball, because I didn't know all the other things that cause coughing. If cats get a heartworm, they will cough... then die!

She used to eat grass then throw it up with hairballs... but she hasn't thrown up hair in a long time. Her cough sounded like she had phlegm.
0 Replies