A clue to solving PI

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:43 am
AT, I don't think shaun is talking about using base 3 instead of a binary system. He's talking about "another dimension" that doesn't use the same basis for expanding the possibilities. Therefore, his "think outside the box."
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:17 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
AT, I don't think shaun is talking about using base 3 instead of a binary system. He's talking about "another dimension" that doesn't use the same basis for expanding the possibilities. Therefore, his "think outside the box."

Okay, but how is the word dimension being defined? I know what it means in math, but what exactly does it mean here? A dicussion in which the words used are undefined or vaguely defined is not going anywhere good.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:23 am
I don't think he is talking about another whole dimension. I think he is refering to the 0.14159265th dimension.
0 Replies

ApostropheThief

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:17 pm
Re: A clue to solving PI
shaun.k wrote:
{I further believe the solution to this question shall bring forth the birth of a new computer where it would be in 3's opposed to the binary using the hidden and as-of-yet undiscovered magnetic anomoly we would find upon the solution of my question}

Maybe i took this too literally. Anyway, if he manages to find a dimension where irrational numbers are also rational, I'd be more than moderately impressed.
0 Replies

g day

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 08:36 am
Pi and solved aren't linked. That is like me asking solve zero or solve 5 or solve 10 or 1.

Your question is too imprecise to have any meaning, so the rest of your pondering is lost.

BTW - modern theorums by some very clever folk now allow you to calculat the nth digit of Pi for any n as a starting point without calculating the first n digits. So if you want the digits 3 million places in you can start right from there - clever huh?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 09:46 am
Brandon, That's the 64,000 dollar question. Wink
0 Replies