Look out of your window

oldandknew

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:38 pm
London -----------------you mean outside the dreaded M25, the great mobile never ending parking lot that the Pope hasn't blessed.

If you live in the midlands how come you called london ? You'll be tellin me next you gotta degree in cockney
0 Replies

london

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:50 pm
I lived there for 3 years in the 70's, but I got out just before they built the M25. I didn't want to spend my life going round in circles.
And me trouble and strife couldn't afford a monkey everytime she wanted her barnet permed Cool

oldandknew, I'll leave you to explain what cockney is to our American friends.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:56 pm
Home from work, if I look out the window to my left I see the back yard. And if I look out the window in front of me, I see my neighbor's back yard. All of it is being rained on.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:06 pm
I see azalea bushes with faded salmon-pink blossoms. Songbirds and sparrows are gorging themselves at the bird feeder, and the sky is bright blue, with not a cloud in sight. It's 70 degrees here today, just beautiful.
0 Replies

london

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:12 pm
I see darkness outside now as it is 23.10 and time for me to retire for the night. but it is still a beautiful night.

I will go to sleep with some of the glorious views you have described.

Another day dawns tomorrow.

Goodnight all.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:13 pm
I see skies of blue... and clouds of white...
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:14 pm
When I look out my window all I see is rain....coming down hard. But it's okay. The rain makes the flowers, trees, grass, birds, ducks...happy. When the sun comes out tomorrow it's going to be a beautiful sight. I mean, the sun is better appreciated after a gloomy rainy day, right?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:15 pm
This will update over time, so if it's black, it must be dark outside.

http://metsun1.met.sjsu.edu/cam_directory/latest.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:30 pm
That's very cool, cjhsa. Is that your actual view - or a nearby view?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:30 pm
http://www.tenri.org/tymany/texas.jpg

I wish what I really see is the parking lot of my apartment. But I can dirve a short distance and see this.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:33 pm
That is kinda looking back at where I am (at work), I think. If that camera is facing west then my building is over on the right of the pic way in the back. My view is of the San Jose airport and the Santa Cruz Mountains, looking south.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:35 pm
San Jose State - beautiful campus. It was the school of choice of most of my classmates in 1964.
0 Replies

Eve

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:55 pm
This is cheating a bit because it is a couple of months old and the lambs have gone, but this is what I often see over the top of my computer.
http://a4.cpimg.com/image/B0/47/33135024-d21e-02000180-.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:56 pm
Mmmm, lamb. I found a jar of mint sauce in the fridge just last night! Wink
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 05:07 pm
Aww....they are so cute Eve! Seeing that photo brings these little ditties to mind:

Mary had a little lamb,
She tied him to the heater.
Every time he'd lift his leg,
He'd burn his little peter.

Mary had a little sheep.
It went to bed with her to sleep.
The sheep turned out to be a ram,
And Mary had a little lamb!

Mary had a little lamb,
Her father shot it dead.
Now Mary takes the lamb to school
Between two hunks of bread.

0 Replies

Eve

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 05:25 pm
Mary had a little lamb
She also had a duck
She sat them on the mantelpiece
To see if they would... fall off.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 05:58 pm
BBB
A beautiful spring day to put my daughter on a plane to fly back to California after a three week visit.

Maddy keeps scratching on the guest room door looking for her.

We made the spring switch from heat to air conditioning today.

BBB
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 06:00 pm
it's nearing sundown here now, but the clouds are blocking any attempt to see it, it's cool, going to be near freezing tonight

it's definitely spring though, the orchard i pass on my walk to work is in full bloom (cherry trees), and the redwing blackbirds are making nests in the reeds in the ditches

also saw a family of rabbits this morning near an old barn
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 06:08 pm
cool idea, cjhsa!

Here's a wecam from atop Boston's Prudential building
http://www.earthcam.com/usa/massachusetts/boston/prudential/
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 06:14 pm
It's been gloomy and cold today and the sun peeked out for about 2 hours. From my window upstairs I see tall pine trees and the leaves on the maple trees are just beginning to fill in. My garden is turned and waiting for planting, but it has been too cold. Tonight it will be 32 degrees.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:54:35