Look out of your window

london

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:29 pm
What do you see?

It is a beautiful May Day here, early evening, blue sky and bright sun, the shrubs and blossom are blooming.

What do you see from where you are?
Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,513 • Replies: 60
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:39 pm
It is 75 degrees, humid as hell, and it has come down like cats and dogs all morning. I wish someone would tell the weatherman that in Florida, the rainy season starts in JUNE not MAY! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:40 pm
We had that rain on Saturday, Phoenix, but since then it's been lovely - coolish and sunny. It was 56 this morning, and supposed to get up to 77.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 01:21 pm
Sunny, pretty white fluffy clouds, LOOKS like it should be 70's, then go outside and it's 45. Hmph.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 01:30 pm
Very much like what Sozobe describes, only warmer. And the forecast was for rain!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 01:47 pm
Typical California - sunny, blue sky, not a could to be seen, about 70 degrees. I see mountains, a freeway, and lots and lots of planes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 01:50 pm
I'm at work . . . i ain't gots no window . . .

An' i ain't no german sailor, neither . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 01:55 pm
Well, London, where have your been? Haven't seen you since you posted "Any Brits on Board?"...

I just now looked out the window and saw gray skies and mild breezes and an empty golf course. Phoenix is right. The weather has been a bit odd. Huge thunder storms and rain last night and this morning. My air conditioner is humming away.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 01:58 pm
and, lookin' at that avatar Set; there's more you aint, by!

now from my window, i see something that begins with 'C';

[Toronto, remember!]
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 02:03 pm
I have to stand up and look over the wall of my cube (this is called "prairie-dogging") to look out a window. I see a soulless industrial park in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. Sullen clouds hang low in the sky and annoy the parked cars with rain.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 02:13 pm
I'm at work too. I see the GE building, surrounded by gray lifeless clouds on a rainy NYC afternoon. Yech. But tomorrow should be better! Smile
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 02:52 pm
perfect spring night...terace of wooden fish restaurant on bank of river Kupa completely full, two enthusiasts still playing tennis on playground on my left, far right, bridge constructors finally called it a day and decided to get some rest...full Moon, sky filled with stars...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 02:57 pm
Rising 7am, on a magic May autumn day.

I can see backyards, some bushes, some roofs, birds, but mostly blue sky, stretching out towards the harbour bay near me.

It's cool at present (prob. about 45-50F), but will heat up through the day, to about 70F or so. No rain in sight (we are still in drought!)

This is a wonderful time of the year in Sydney - c'mon, all you tourists!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:01 pm
Home early on a Monday afternoon. For some reason, Tuesday morning garbage pick-up seems to be happening right now. I have seen the truck twice in the last 15 minutes. Other than that, heavily bundled up people are hurrying back from school and work. The temps are going to drop down to freezing again overnight. People look cold and annoyed. It's overcast, so everything's a bit grey out there.
0 Replies

london

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:04 pm
Hi letty, still pop into A2k and Abuzz now and again, mainly just to look.

It's a holiday here today, but back at work tomorrow so it will be a different view then.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:08 pm
Glad to see you're not under the weather, london. Smile
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:24 pm
Look out of the window ? why ? what's meant to be out there ? I haven't been outside for ages and ages. I'm looking at my vdu, it's safer.
Last year a friend looked out the window and loads of white stuff was blowing everywhere. This guy got a whole box of straws and went outside. Crazy Guy. Well he ended up in hospital and not only had frost bite on his nose , he had internal frost bite as well. He said he was gonna stay with the regular white stuff, not the organic. It's no good & has no buzz
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:28 pm
I see that it's still wet from a three day rain, that my grass needs cutting, and that a lot of the pine pollen has been thankfully washed away. I see my beagle hot on the trail of something she smells, and I see that Seth left a rake in the yard.
0 Replies

london

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:31 pm
oldand knew.

That's cos you live in the south, Its much warmer and more civilised up here in the midlands.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 03:37 pm
London -----------------you mean outside the dreaded M25, the great mobile never ending parking lot that the Pope hasn't blessed.

If you live in the midlands how come you called london ? You'll be tellin me next you gotta degree in cockney
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Look out of your window
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 10:57:22