Solar panels, why buy them?

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 03:14 pm
Why do people buy solar panels when they know they only work when there is sunshine.?

roger

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 03:56 pm
@Rickoshay75,
I think it's mostly a political statement, made affordable by tax credits.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 04:26 pm
@Rickoshay75,
I'm not quite sure Rick that I understand the q. There's an arrangement whereby the reduction in daily load can significantly reduce your bill, or if your solar contribution can exceed load, running the meter backward thus entitling you to a refund

Yes of course, too bad it doesn't put out at night. Eventually however new and better batteries will let you store during the day allowing you instead to supplement the night load when Reddy Kilowatt's rate is higher
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 02:39 am
@dalehileman,
And also, if you purchase enough solar panels, you can bolt them all together and have your very own sun.

Think of the money that you'll save on foreign holidays. You can hang it up in the garden and sunbathe all day.

The only problem is that you'll also have to buy an enormous pair of curtains to cover it at night, so everyone can get some sleep.
roger

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 02:43 am
@Lordyaswas,
Erm. . . I don't thi

Oh, never mind.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 01:49 pm
@roger,
Were you going to suggest I patent the idea, rog?
roger

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 02:26 pm
@Lordyaswas,
If you can make it as small as a laptop, definitely.
0 Replies