Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 12:44 pm
Edit: Moderator: Moved from General News

There was an article in this mornings london daily mail newspaper about 2 sniffer dogs employed by the South Yorkshire Police. ( can't give a link )
1 dog is a springer spaniel and t'other is a border collie. they are said to be the finest sniffer dogs around.
these dogs are hired out at £1000 per day, that's about $1800, looking for dead bodies.
what would/could your dog, or yourself even, do for that kinda money.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 827 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Letty

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 01:21 pm
Teeth marking Razz
0 Replies

k9weenie

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 04:35 am
Re: A dog's worth
oldandknew wrote:
Edit: Moderator: Moved from General News

There was an article in this mornings london daily mail newspaper about 2 sniffer dogs employed by the South Yorkshire Police. ( can't give a link )
1 dog is a springer spaniel and t'other is a border collie. they are said to be the finest sniffer dogs around.
these dogs are hired out at £1000 per day, that's about $1800, looking for dead bodies.
what would/could your dog, or yourself even, do for that kinda money.

Hi i have just read your message about these sniffer dogs.
The springer you mention is called Eddie, yes he is with South Yorkshire Police. His handler is a personal friend of mine. This is the only dog in the UK to have the capabilities to search out bodies that have been under ground and other such horrible things.
If you would like to know more about these dogs then visit South yorks police website look in Kids Zone, then dog diary. You will see my friends latest recruit her name is Keela. Take a look its very interesting!

EDIT: MODERATOR: PROMOTIONAL MESSAGE REMOVED
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 09:27 am
K9, oldandknew is no longer with us here.
0 Replies