Fracking suppliers

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 03:23 am
Theres a lot of interest in fracking atm in the Uk,especially what is happening on barton Moss near manchester,uk,im rather misinformed about fracking and would like educating,the company Igas is in charge of fracking on Barton Moss and i would like to know who Igas supply gas too,for instance is it british Gas as i would hate to protest at barton Moss and then come home and turn on my cooker supplied by British Gas to cook my food as this would make me nothing but a hypocritemso who does Igas supply too? thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,264 • Replies: 2
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 08:04 am
@tommy710,
There's a difference between suppliers and manufacturers, unless your supplier has specifically said they won't use igas, the chances are some of your energy comes from them.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 08:17 am
@tommy710,
Just found this.

Quote:
A green energy company has promised never to supply gas obtained by fracking to households in the UK.

Ecotricity said it wanted to give consumers the choice not to buy gas sourced through fracking, the controversial method of extracting shale gas.

“The majority of people in Britain simply don’t want fracking to take place and we think they should be able to choose not to buy gas from such sources,” said Ecotricity founder Dale Vince. “We’re giving people the chance to be conscientious objectors on this issue.”

The energy company recently announced it would start supplying electricity at a lower cost than the major energy providers from October.

It will no long match the standard tariffs of the "big six" – British Gas, e.on, EDF energy, SSE, npower and Scottish Power, but will offer customers a slightly cheaper bill.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/household-bills/10338756/Energy-supplier-Ecotricity-promises-fracking-free-gas.html

So if you want to never use fracking gas, but not necessarily conventional gas provided by igas, switch to Ecotricity. This is their website.
http://www.ecotricity.co.uk/
0 Replies