50 worst songs of all time!!!

colorbook

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 08:11 pm
Yeah, what Wilso said, "all rap songs."
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 08:20 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
They're only the MOST SUCCESSFUL LIVE BAND IN HISTORY.

You have now proven you would not know talent if it bit you in the ass.

Go turn up the best of Britney SPears.

Being successful in the US doesn't make a band the most successful in history. Besides which, YOU ARE WRONG. The five biggest selling artists in history are (not sure of the order)

Elvis Presley
The Beatles
Michael Jackson
Paul McCartney (solo)
The Bee Gees

The most played single song in history is Stairway to Heaven, which in its first 20 years received 40 years in total airtime.
0 Replies

bromeliad

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 08:48 pm
I agree with most of the list, except for I'm Too Sexy, which was definitely tongue-in-cheek.

Yes, there could have been more Madonna, *especially* La Isla Bonita (have nightmares about a neighbor who played it over and over and over....)

And lots more Bill Joel - easily the worst 'artist' of all time. Oh wait - there's Mariah Carey, isn't there...
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:36 pm
Wilso, that thundering roar you just heard was my point flying over your head. I didn't say "biggest selling", I said "highest-grossing touring band IN HISTORY", which they are.

And Billy Joel is one of the best singer/songwriters in the world.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:49 pm
You're a good egg Jarl, even if your tastes in music....never mind
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:49 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
Wilso, that thundering roar you just heard was my point flying over your head. I didn't say "biggest selling", I said "highest-grossing touring band IN HISTORY", which they are.

And that horrible smell is the big pile of bullshit that Jarlaxle has been dropping on this thread.

Do you have anything to back up this ridiculous claim, Jarlaxle? Let's see the proof! They still suck, either way, but I'd like to see the proof you seem to think you have.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 06:53 pm
Don't mind Kicky, he's always horny.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:02 pm
Kickycan, go piss on a power line.

They were advertising 'Bama as "the most sucessful touring band" and "the highest grossing touring band in history" (and the way music companies figure it, these would be one and the same). Did I save one of the flyers? Uhh, no, why would I bother? Could they make that claim if it was untrue? Not unless they had this weird desire to be sued.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:12 pm
LOL . . . Wow, if "they" said it, it must be true. And who exactly, is "they"? And when was this? Could it be that they are the highest grossing band in the history of that record company? Or isn't it possible you aren't remembering the exact words "they" used correctly? I'm sure you want soooo badly to believe this crap, but I assure you, if that is true, I will piss on a power line.

How gullible can you be?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:13 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
Kickycan, go piss on a power line.

They were advertising 'Bama as "the most sucessful touring band" and "the highest grossing touring band in history" (and the way music companies figure it, these would be one and the same). Did I save one of the flyers? Uhh, no, why would I bother? Could they make that claim if it was untrue? Not unless they had this weird desire to be sued.

small print however can be an amazing thing

let's say for arguments sake the flyers quote meant "the most successfull touring band" in the southern united states, or "the highest grossing band in history" in scottsdale arizona, the flyer doesn't have to qualify the statements only make them
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:28 pm
I don't recall any small print on the flyers at all.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:33 pm
Jarlaxle, I looked it up on google, and I see a lot of claims that the Grateful Dead is the highest grossing touring band ever, and a lot of Rolling Stones, but curiously, no mention of Alabama whatsoever. Hmmm . . . how could that be? On all the websites in the google network, not one mention of Alabama. I just don't understand it. Unless, maybe, and I know this might be tough to understand, but could it be that . . . you're completely WRONG?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:57 pm
Oh Boy! Battle of the bands!!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 07:58 pm
panzade wrote:
Oh Boy! Battle of the bands!!

Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 08:04 pm
Jarl this was the tally for '03(edit)...maybe you meant all time. Don't have those figures.

Veteran artists took center stage, scoring the top three tours for the year through Nov. 18. Atop the list were the Rolling Stones, grossing $299.5 million in box-office receipts for the year. The Stones played to more than 3.4 million fans worldwide.

Next on the Billboard Boxscore list were Bruce Springsteen ($181.7 million grossed) and Cher ($76.3 million).

Other top tours included Fleetwood Mac ($69.2 million), Eagles ($67.5 million), Dixie Chicks ($62.2 million), Dave Matthews Band ($52.6 million), Aerosmith & Kiss ($50 million), Metallica's Summer Sanitarium ($48.5 million) and Billy Joel & Elton John ($45.8 million).

Country acts fared particularly well with five acts shining brightly among the top 25. After the Dixie Chicks, the top country tours were Toby Keith ($41.2 million), Kenny Chesney ($39.7 million), Tim McGraw ($33 million) and Shania Twain ($25.3 million). Other successful country tours included Alabama ($20 million), Brooks & Dunn ($18.8 million), George Strait ($14.8 million) and Alan Jackson ($11.5 million
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 12:09 am
Quote:
BILLBOARD, the US pop music magazine, has listed John Farnham as the world's seventh most profitable touring act. The ranking puts Farnham, 54, in the company of Cher and Bruce Springsteen. It is the first time an Australian artist has made the Billboard chart of top 10 money-making tours. Farnham raked in $53 million for his lap of honour, "The Last Time Tour" which played to 430,000 people around Australia. Fans can expect a new Double Greatest Hits album in October.

You can get different info on every site!
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 06:07 pm
Quote:
Jarl this was the tally for '03(edit)...maybe you meant all time

I did. I don't recall for sure, but more than likely it was referring to the US, since I don't recall a world tour by 'Bama.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 07:37 pm
Give it up, dude. You're wrong. Just admit it.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 12:05 pm
Some more glaring omissions:

The entire Tony Orlando and Dawn repertoire.

and -how could I have forgotten-

"Havin' My Baby" by Paul Anka
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 12:13 pm
Every Beach Boys song recorded.
Ditto Aaron Neville.
0 Replies