IN DECADES, HOW OLD ARE YOU?

patiodog

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 04:34 pm
I know the picture. I cheated, though. It's a frame from one of them fancy moving pictures they've got nowadays.

And, JLN -- the answer is, "all the way to the hydrant." It occurred to me that that's what you were asking, but then I thought, "Naw, that's just my own adolescent brain working. JL must mean something else." Good to know there's others like me out there!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 06:29 pm
Patiodog, now I understand why you live in a damp, dark corner. You're three and just learned how to pee!!

I'm in category 6, turning 60 in March, the first birthday to bother me. Age has never concerned me before, but 60 sounds OLD, and I feel so good and so young.

What is really frightening is that I'll soon be in category 7.

Sigh. I really feel like an idiot for feeling this way!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 06:58 pm
Hi Diane, We are the ---- Naaaa, I'm a heck of a lot older than you. But 60 (me since last Sep - I'm a virgin) is not as old as it used to be or even sound when we were young. So, I just relax and act and feel the age I believe I am. Now, let me see ---- hmmmm, if I could only remember why that's important. :-D

Happy New Year to you all. PROSIT '03 !!!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 06:58 pm
We are at a relatives tonight and I have managed to sneak into their computer room. I hope we eventually reach 100 on the poll. Are any of you surprized at the poll postings to date? Do you think it will change with 100 postings? Time to return to the cabin on the Pine Mountain.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 07:28 pm
Thanks, Danon. This won't last, I love life too much to be really worried about how old I am and I seldom stay in a funk for long.

Happy New Year to Young and Young at Heart.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 07:46 pm
aging
Patiogod (oops!), you got it! From one adolescent mind to another it's so good to be (finally) understood. But were you sitting on the hydrant? Ladies, 60 is the decade of truly feminine beauty--all the way through. I felt this way even when I was a young man, wierd uh? Ergo, REJOICE! At my age of 68, I certainly am rejoicing.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 09:23 pm
JL, your sweet response made my blue funk disappear! It's funny, in many ways I feel more femine than I ever have. I have a feeling of freedom that has never been this accessible.

God, I can be dense! Maybe I should just wake up and enjoy.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 10:17 pm
Hi Diane, The blues must be catching, dlowan had it too. Glad you're back!!
Sure hope you had a good time New Years, we visited friends, set off some fireworks, and had some great conversation. All in all a very nice evening. My mind kept wandering to Lola's Salon wishing some of the group was there, but, didn't happen.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:26 am
Danon, I can't think of a better way to celebrate New Years than with good friends, good conversation with a few fireworks thrown in. Too bad you couldn't have used the salon's magic clicker to bring us in through cyberspace.

Lola has talked of trying to get some a2kers together (for real) in New York sometime in March. I hope it actually comes together; I've met many abuzzers-now a2kers-and they are the very best.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:38 am
I'm a bit surprised to see the poll trending younger than I had supposed it might. Heartened, too, as those of lesser age bring a perspective generally lacking among we old farts. As a six, and far closer to a seven than a five, I find my RW contacts tend to fall into my own agegroup (go figure), and much conversation among us centers on things of interest to the near-geriatric. Its wonderful to discuss things other than sports with younger folk. Many members here challenge me to endeavor to articulate concepts and positions which rarely come up at the local pub. On the downside, I suppose, is that scoring a win of a cyber-drink is not quite the same as a fresh, free, frosty mug of my favorite malt beverage. Then too, there is the plus that my losses here are not accommodated out of my pocket, but merely charged to my ego.

timber
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 10:32 am
Yeah, I'm surprised how many of us young'uns there are, too.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 10:47 am
OK, you young 'uns may gloat, but I find this poll depressing. I may be barely into my 4th decade, but 4th decade it is. <glower, pout, smolder.>
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 12:54 pm
I agree with Phoenix's philosphy: My years on this earth shows my maturity of age, but I refuse to grow up! I'm not sure when we reach our second childhood, but I don't think I've ever outgrown my first one! Wink c.i.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 12:57 pm
If you find yourself in large diapers, I think you've missed it...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:05 pm
Category #4. And darn proud of it, too.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:06 pm
category #4???
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:16 pm
Excuuuuuuuuuuse me.....The fourth decade.....ahem.....
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 05:01 pm
I'm surprised to be among the larger 3 age
groups represented thus far... I'd of thought most were
either older or younger. Age, what is it's best
use??...could be to offer some hard earned lessons
to those younger than ourselves, but those young
ones are quite certain that they will never need to
know more that they do already. And who can say,
maybe they won't... after all, it seems that many
people reach a certain position in their lives where
all learning stops... no new information is invited in,
and adulthood in all its crowning glory has been
achieved at last!! The End. Then there are some who
understand that the older you get, the smarter you
are, though purely because you NOW know exactly how
LITTLE you know now, or ever did now, not even in your
glorious days of youth and ignorance.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 05:37 pm
As my son told me the older he gets the smarter I get.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 10:19 pm
Worst part about growing up is finding out your parents were right.

About everything.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 11:00:47