Tales from the mosh pit

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 01:34 pm
I saw Metallica last night, and there was a girl Shocked going into the middle of the mosh pit! She was a petite little hottie too, and, well, that didn't last long. Within about three minutes she came out with a bloody nose. Mosh pits are not for girls!!!

Got any mosh pit battle stories you'd like to share?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,347 • Replies: 23
No top replies

fealola

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 01:40 pm
I saw Metallica too, a few weeks ago! I noticed that everyone in the pit was huge! Mosh pits are not for small people!!
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 01:42 pm
What's a mosh pit?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 01:49 pm
fealola, you are right! I was just like, screw it, I'm not going in there. There was always four or five giant monster guys in there just crushing people. And then a little guy would go in just swinging wildly at everything in every direction. It was crazy!

A mosh pit is a cleared out spot on the floor at a concert where a bunch of testosterone fueled maniacs just beat the **** out of each other basically. It's like a tornado of bodies flying around.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 01:52 pm
Kicky, when the music slowed down, they all start walking around in a circle. Then when the music sped up they all started slamming around. It reminded me of a bunch of three year olds playing musical chairs!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 01:58 pm
LOL, yeah, it was pretty entertaining. Same thing yesterday. There was one shirtless guy who was just monstrous, and he was just sending everyone flying, until this smaller guy decided to take him on. They ended up locked together and almost got in a fight.

The big guy was a shithead who had cut in front of everyone at the beer line earlier. "Two beers" he'd grunted, and nobody had the balls to challenge him, including me. I was glad when the bouncers grabbed him and got him the hell out of there. What a dick.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 02:20 pm
Is this like body checking a la hockey, or do you use your arms as well?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 02:25 pm
Mostly it's a lot of body-checking and pushing, but some people go in with arms swinging, spinning, kicking . . . it's really wild.

How could you not know what a mosh pit is? How old are you?
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 02:40 pm
I'm 58 and I haven't been clubbing in, well, never mind.
I've heard the phrase, but never seen one in action. I had thought that it was where people dove off the stage into the crowd.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 03:02 pm
I've got some insight. You know it's a chick when they are in a mosh pit at a METALLICA concert. Brave but sweet, chat 'em up. Metallica mosh pits are hardly mosh pits, IMO. Sadly, there are few bands out there still dedicated to raising up a proper mosh pit, with all the blood and gore the stupid thing involves. Mind you, I hear the UK Subs are revived and on tour...
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 03:11 pm
George wrote:
I had thought that it was where people dove off the stage into the crowd.

That's crowd surfing. Laughing Laughing

Cav. Yeah, actually I thought the mosh pit at the Metallica concert was pretty mild, compared to the punk days. (Slam Dancing!) (With spikey accesories!)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 03:16 pm
We'll have 'em moshing and surfing at our show tomorrow night. At some point I'll dive off the stage into 'em while I'm singing....and George...I'm 55. Growing old my be inevitable, but growing up is an option. :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 03:19 pm
Yikes.....worst mosh pit I ever encountered was at a No Means No concert at the Rivoli here in Toronto. I didn't know it was an all-ages show, but I liked the band and perched myself onstage next to the speakers, which was my custom at that time. Some 14 year old punk gets in my face and says, "Hey, get in the pit or I'm gonna kick yer ass." I laughed at him and said "F you, please go home to mom and stop bothering me." You should have seen the withering on that young face....priceless.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 03:24 pm
Last year a girl of about 15 walked up to me at a Simple Plan show and said "Hey mister guess what? I have a vagina." She and her friends just knew they had horrified the old dad. Wrong old dad. Without skipping a beat I said "Is that what that is...I thought someone farted". Well, my 13 year old cub leaned over and horse laughed her to her face and we did not see her again that night.
0 Replies

loserkid182

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 03:36 pm
Re: Tales from the mosh pit
kickycan wrote:
I saw Metallica last night, and there was a girl Shocked going into the middle of the mosh pit! She was a petite little hottie too, and, well, that didn't last long. Within about three minutes she came out with a bloody nose. Mosh pits are not for girls!!!

Got any mosh pit battle stories you'd like to share?

Pfft dude mosh pits are too for girls...well not the little weak preppy ones that scream and complain about getting hert and stuff....but they are iv been in lots of mosh pits and there amzaing and i have gotten hert but meh so have others. whats wrong with girls moshing...?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 03:41 pm
Mosh pit grrrls rock.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:23 pm
girls in the mosh pit should be killed.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 04:31 pm
Smile I remember when my oldest used to come home from concerts all bruised and sore! I didn't get it!
we disn't do mosh pits back in the day (the old days) Smile I've since been to a few outdoor concerts where they've had them. The first I saw was at my own son's performance on stage, so I was really psyched to see "people getting into it". That was mostly guys, too, but it was cool to watch! Smile
Although I still don't get it!
My suspicion is that moshing came about because guys are just too inhibited to dance, so they do this as a substitute!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:43 pm
Back in day....I was a punk/er/rocker. I remember going to see Skinny Puppy - SNFU double bill. Chi Pig threw raw meat at the crowd and the place exploded. It was the biggest mosh pit I've ever experienced and the grossest.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 05:48 pm
Skinny Puppy/SNFU double billl...so cool....then the label was bought by Capitol, and everything went to hell.
0 Replies