Virgin Mary

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 06:55 am
I have lived all my life believing St. May gave birth to Jesus in virginity, but reading he article about how she was impregnated by rapping her I am confused and started to question my beliefs. So I was worshiping the "God" that was born out of rape? If so I think I will have to rethink about my religion, but before that I need to know more. How can you confirm to me that Mary really was raped? I am expecting a quick reply.

Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 07:13 am
@Alemayehuuniverse,
no one can confirm that mary was raped, nor can they confirm that she wasn't
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 09:10 am
@Alemayehuuniverse,
Quote:
How can you confirm to me that Mary really was raped? I am expecting a quick reply.

Don't hold your breath !
Quote:
I think I will have to rethink about my religion

Always a good idea !
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 12:08 pm
She wasn't raped, she was filled with the Holy Spirit. You didn't think god would actually dip his wick in that nasty little baggage, did you?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 01:31 pm
You're an idiot. That's as quick a reply as came to mind.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 01:40 pm
@Alemayehuuniverse,
Alemayehuuniverse wrote:

How can you confirm to me that Mary really was raped? I am expecting a quick reply.

Her story was on that very special episode of Law and Order: SVU a couple of seasons ago.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 01:43 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

She wasn't raped, she was filled with the Holy Spirit. You didn't think god would actually dip his wick in that nasty little baggage, did you?

But that was Zeus' favorite hobby. Surprised
http://i43.tinypic.com/4pxumu.jpg
Wink
Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 01:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
That Zeus, he was a party animal!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 03:17 pm
I bet Round John Virgin figures in here somewhere.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2014 04:26 pm
The claim of 'virgin birth' is a standard plot device in all Near Eastern religious yarns, including Greek mythology. The miracle isn't the claim of Jesus' supposed virgin birth; the astonishing miracle would be if his followers claimed he was who he claimed to be but did not postulate a virgin birth. That would have been a shocker.
0 Replies