Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 08:07 pm
i was just walking thru the living room on my way to the kitchen for a cuppa tea and the teevee was on (the parrots like to listen) and it was the Bill O'Really (news) show. now i realize its a slow news day with N.Korea going nuclear, the catholic church claiming separation of church and state regarding immunity for abuse claims, war looming in Iraq, but the hot topic on O'Realy was that some lesbians were seen kissing YES i said kissing at a NBA basket-ball game. Perhaps i am naive but can this be considered prime time newsworthy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,735 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:01 pm
Nah, it can't. When there is no news, they make it up!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:05 pm
Well gosh, Dyslexia, they must have run out of news that takes real journalistic skill like fires and robberies!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:07 pm
Wot? People actually watch FOX News? Well I'll be danged...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:09 pm
mea culpa i mention FOX and news in the same sentence!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:45 pm
Parrots?

Oh..... sorry..... I have never seen Fox news, sounds like I have not missed much. Do they show foxes kissing, at all?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:48 pm
The catholic church is claiming separation of church and state regarding immunity from abuse claims? Do you have a cite for that? - I mean I believe you, it makes sense in a legalistic sort of way - perhaps even a theological discourse sort of a way - but I would like to read about it...

I will find one myself if it is any bother to you.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:12 pm
Was it a lesbian basketball team?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:43 pm
"Fox News" - Oxymoron!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:53 pm
dlowan: fox news is a Rupert Murdoch presentation, i am sure that will help to clarify for those from OZ
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:57 pm
dlowan: sorry i missed you question re catholic church, yes today they asked the court to exclude current charges as a violation of separation of church and state although its my understanding that this was done at the request of their insurers to clarify liability issues. i will find a link for you on the marrow as it is my bed time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:11 pm
Good night!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:29 pm
I saw the piece ... a feature on lesbians cavilling for specific recognition as such. "News" such as this is really "Good" ... it takes one's mind from more pressing matters, and the mere fact "Fluff" is being broadcast means things aren't all that bad. What I find truly worisome is to go from channel to channel to be confronted with views differing only in camera perspective of some unfolding event. That is rarely "Good" news.

timber
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 07:12 am
I will watch Fox News from time to time. I also watch NBC CBS and CNN. I don't think that Fox has cornered the market on fluff. If you want "fluff" take a look at one of those weekday newsmagazines. Anyhow, I like to watch the news from different perspectives. I figure that if amongst the bullshit, I can glean a small grain of truth, I am ahead of the game! Smile
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 08:03 am
Bill O'Reilly can be quite entertaining at times!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 09:36 am
dlowan: heres the link to the story on the separation of church and state issue regarding abuse cases:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/24/national/24BOST.html?todaysheadlines
0 Replies