"Feet of clay." What could that mean?

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 07:32 pm
Daniel 2:44 relates about the image seen by Nebuchadnezzar:
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Does this relate to the chaotic power the masses seem to have over modern governments? There seems to be no end to the special interests gaining special consideration at the expense of order.

Not that special interests are not valid. But do they weaken the effective power of government, thus creating the feet of clay?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,555 • Replies: 10
No top replies

neologist

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:33 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Daniel 2:44 relates about the image seen by Nebuchadnezzar:
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Does this relate to the chaotic power the masses seem to have over modern governments? There seems to be no end to the special interests gaining special consideration at the expense of order.

Not that special interests are not valid. But do they weaken the effective power of government, thus creating the feet of clay?
Sorry about the format. Using a tablet.
contrex

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 04:59 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Sorry about the format. Using a tablet.

Not a clay one?
neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:15 am
@contrex,
Probably would have had better result Laughing
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 08:44 am
@neologist,
Democracy weakens the grip any power has over its people. I think it is a fair estimation that the clay could indeed be the weakening of the iron government and dilution of power,
anonymously99

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 09:37 am
@neologist,
I think I understand why you started this thread, neologist.
contrex

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 09:55 am
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

I think I understand why you started this thread, neologist.

Don't be coy. Do share.

anonymously99

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:27 am
@contrex,
Educate.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:27 am
@Smileyrius,
Then, regarding the stone not cut by hands striking the image at its feet, (Daniel 2:34) where does that place us in the stream of time?
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:36 am
@neologist,
Am I being railroaded here?

I don't think you can set a time, but it would make sense that it is in the future.
neologist

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2013 10:52 am
@Smileyrius,
Hasn't hit yet, obviously. But the succession of governments represented by the image suggests ours to be the last, wouldn't you think?
0 Replies