Check images

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 05:41 am
While viewing my banking online account access I have noticed that I can pull up an image of the front and back of all my cleared checks (though on some the backs are illegible) but those checks that a deemed NSF (and I mean all) I can not view them at all. When I have asked the Mngr. why this is so she replied " I will have to get back with you on that" to no avail. Even when I e-mailed the IT guy at my bank he just gave me the run around that he had to have more info about the checks in question. Though I had given the check numbers and amounts. Mind you my account history online does not reflect that which is said. For instance the check deemed NSF on Thursday may not post online till after my Friday deposit, yet the Thursday before when I had actually overdrawn my account it showed that day. How else do I get the bank to provide me with the actual check image of the NSF'd checks? Thanks for all you can help me with I have been on the FDIC site, the FED site, even the Texas bank regulators site, its not the easiest thing to understand as what might be the problem. Never finding any reason why the image would be unavailable only that they must per my request grant me such in a timely manner. Which I first asked over a month ago and again last week.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,528 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 07:40 am
@geminitwin28,
Ask in person. Go and ask in person, and do so every day until it's resolved. And complain, loudly and in front of other customers, that it's taking forever for the bank to show you this information - which you are entitled to.

Trust me, they don't want to hear other customers to hear that, and that will light a fire under them.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 07:47 am
@geminitwin28,
I believe these NSF checks are sent BACK to the person/company you wrote them to. So those transactions are not final, unlike the ones you can see.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 08:02 am
@geminitwin28,
Can you explain why you really need to see the back of a given check?

What do you think you could find on the FDIC site? I don't believe they have anything to do with non-sufficient funds and individual bank accounts. The same for the Federal Reserve site (if that's what you mean by FED site).

Are you trying to figure out if someone has written forged checks from your bank account? Then go to the police. They'll likely be able to get a warrant to retrieve the appropriate images of these NSF checks.
0 Replies