how to cancel a two year membership at victory fitness

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 07:55 am
Is there anyway I can cancel a membership because I havent been going since march when I opened the membership and I only went there twice in march. They were unable to charge me because I got a different debit card and would I get in trouble for not paying and would it hurt my credit

jespah

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 07:59 am
@donnarice13,
Go in person and tell them you're quitting the gym. You don't need to provide a reason.
donnarice13

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 08:17 am
@jespah,
I called yesterday and they said I would need proof of a medical reason for me not to go or I would have to live out of region from any victory fitnesses
jespah

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 08:45 am
@donnarice13,
That's what's called bullshit. Go in person (don't call) and tell them you are stopping payment on your credit card, and that if this persists, you are going to tell your credit card company that any future charges by them are fraud. Do it loudly - don't let them take you into a back room or anything. Do this in front of other customers.

Believe me, they do not want to hear this. And you are not the first person attempting to quit the gym. This is a business but this is your money. You have every right to spend it how you please.

And if you signed a long-term contract with them, then shame on you for not reading the fine print, but you should still be able to get out of it (but recognize that you may need to pay to get out of it).

And next time, be a LOT more careful about how you spend your money and what you sign.
chai2

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 09:09 am
@jespah,
Bravo jespah
0 Replies

Mame

Sat 14 Dec, 2013 10:24 am
I did credit collections for a gym and here's what you do. Read your contract. You can quit, but you'll have to a) pay all back payments first, and then b) give notice - it may be 30, 60, or 90 days - but then you'll be out of it.
0 Replies