Has Women's Lib Gone Too Far?

Noddy24

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 08:41 am
From the Philadelphia Inquirer 4/15/04

South Phila. flasher caught by girls gets 10-24 months

A 25-year-old flasher, captured in the act last October by some of his victims, was sentenced yesterday to 10 to 24 months in prison on multiple counts of indecent exposure, corruption of a minor, and stalking.

Rudy Susando, 25, was convicted in a nonjury trial in municipal court Feb. 27 of repeatedly exposing himself to schoolgirls in his South Philadelphia neighborhood. He was arrested Oct. 30 after students from all-girls St. Maria Goretti High School chased him, pummeled him, and held him for police.

Susando also was sentenced to five years' probation. Prosecutors had asked Judge Joseph Bruno to lock up Susando, who had never been arrested before, for one to five years and to impose 10 years' probation. "It was premeditated; he targeted these girls," Assistant District Attorney Noel Ann DeSantis said. "Sexual predators escalate to more violent crimes."

Susando's lawyer, David Cross of the Defenders Association, said he was "fairly certain" his client would appeal to have a new jury trial in Common Pleas Court. "It would be the first opportunity for the defense to present evidence," Cross said.

An earlier story indicated that Susando had been amusing himself for about six weeks, lurking outside the high school; flashing the girls and then running away.

Comments?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,133 • Replies: 12
No top replies

panzade

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 08:50 am
Hmm...my copy was a little different:

South Phila. flasher caught by boys gets 10-24 months

A 25-year-old flasher, captured in the act last October by some of her victims, was sentenced yesterday to 10 to 24 months in prison on multiple counts of indecent exposure, corruption of a minor, and stalking.

Trudy Susando, 25, was convicted in a nonjury trial in municipal court Feb. 27 of repeatedly exposing herself to schoolboys in her South Philadelphia neighborhood. She was arrested Oct. 30 after students from all-boys St. Mark Goretti High School chased her, pummeled her, and held her for police.

Susando also was sentenced to five years' probation. Prosecutors had asked Judge Joseph Bruno to lock up Susando, who had never been arrested before, for one to five years and to impose 10 years' probation. "It was premeditated; she targeted these boys," Assistant District Attorney Noel Ann DeSantis said. "Sexual predators escalate to more violent crimes."
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 08:54 am
Quote:
Has Women's Lib Gone Too Far?

Noddy- I don't understand the title of your thread in reference to this story. Please explain!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:16 am
Phoenix--

Years and years ago I read an autobiography of Bea Arthur. One of Ms. Arthur's tender childhood memories took place on a school playground in Canada. A Weenie-Wagger (to use the local police parlance) used to appear after school every day and show off his manly glory to all the little girls.

One day, Bea picked up a rock and let fly--as did all her little playmates.

I recounted the story to a neighbor--a Very High Minded Woman, Most Politically Correct--and she was distressed that the little dears had not shown compassion for the mentally unfortunate. Furthermore, by resorting to violence, the little girls were perpetuating the male culture of violence.

On other threads here on A2K we've been informed by several gallant gentlemen that women should not be allowed to fight in Iraq. The fact that a number of uppity women don't want to be protected does not change protective male opinion.

Panzade--

Interesting point.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:26 am
Noddy- Aha!

I say "Bravo" for the girls. When women (and girls) refuse to behave like victims, and take care of themselves, that men will think twice before pulling a stunt like that man did. Most flashers are cowards. What he got served him right!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:36 am
All right!!! Nothing like Girl Power!! This is not a women's lib issue, this is more that girls are stepping up and protecting themselves. He thought girls were easy targets - think again.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:25 am
The profiles I've read on the thought processes (?) of flashers seem to show that they consider themselves Devilishly Fine Fellows. Some of them are sure they are giving the ladies a long-coveted treat. Others are sure that the sight of a Real Man will put uppity women in their place.

Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie
Kissed the girls and made them cry.

When the Grrls came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:27 am
I used a snowball in a similar situation.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:37 am
Sosobe--

Good for you. I trust the Sozlet will have the necessary attitude to express herself?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:39 am
soz- How's your aim? Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:54 am
Based on what sozobe has told us about the first 3.5 years of her life, I am not AT ALL worried about the sozlet sticking up for herself later on!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 04:10 pm
God - I never had t deal with a flasher who actually did it!

"I was adjusting my undies."

"My shorts gaped"

Those little girls followed me round"

"I had spilled coffee on it"
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 04:18 pm
panzade, take a bow.
0 Replies