was the caste system fair?

Foofie

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 10:42 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're forgetting we won. You were comparing two systems, one where you had to buy commissions, and one where you didn't, namely France and Britain.

In the example you gave to indicate how detrimental buying commissions was, the side that sold commissions won. "Close run thing," or not, the side that didn't sell commissions lost. So, all things being equal, it would seem that selling commissions was a good thing.

This is why you don't win many arguments.

So, you were arguing pro bono?

Bringing in the concept of commissions that were paid for and then resulted in a winning side should be told to Martin Luther, since the buying of indulgences resulted in the Reformation.

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 11:05 am
@Foofie,
That's a better example. Not a lot better, but better all the same.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 11:23 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Sorry Napoleon ran wild over Europe for a decade while being attacked by forces many times his size and part of his abilities to do so was his appointments of military leaders due to merit.
You don't know a lot about and especially not about the Napoleonic era, correct? There are some quite good sources/books (a few of them even online) about les maréchaux de Napoléon 1er and how they got their posts ...
BillRM

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 11:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
You don't know a lot about and especially not about the Napoleonic era, correct? There are some quite good sources/books (a few of them even online) about les maréchaux de Napoléon 1er and how they got their posts ...

I know quite a lot about Napoleon and being a man he was not perfect as when he allow his brother Joseph positions of power even after he proved time after time that he was not fit for those positions.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 01:22 pm
@BillRM,
I've got "my" gun licence from Jérôme Wink

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 01:26 pm
@BillRM,
So you're admitting that your analogy was terrible?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 03:57 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

That's a better example. Not a lot better, but better all the same.

I guess you are in a position to make such judgements, Izzythehumble.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 03:59 pm
@Foofie,
Telling **** from shinola's not that difficult.
Foofie

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:03 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Telling **** from shinola's not that difficult.

You almost sound American.
Germlat

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 08:08 pm
@Foofie,
I don't understand why this topic has to be off limits simply because you have a western mentality. That's truly idiotic. So Christianity has been a great predator..so what..it's about the thoughts of an individual mind. Not assuming it's about pointing a finger..go ahead with your thoughts
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 01:35 am
@Germlat,
Christianity has been a great predator?

Perhaps numerous predators have used Christianity as a mask and a means, but how has Christianity been a predator, let alone a great one?

I have to assume that you also think that Islam, Judaeism (and just about any religion for that matter) been a great predator. Am I right?

It is, as you indicate, about the thoughts of individual minds and yet you're comfortable with condemning an entire religion as greatly predatory because of individual actions...whether taken alone or in concert.

Do you deny that religion has any value what-so-ever, or has impacted human history in any beneficial way?

0 Replies

void123

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 12:08 am
@Nom de plume,
it was a societal problem not one born out of brahmanism http://agniveer.com/caste-system/
0 Replies

void123

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:53 am
@oheyravenne,
i would suppose that ants have a caste system, and it works for them, for their survival,l but humans of course are not ants. but i dont know what whould ants consider fair, they are particularly brutal, along with other ant like species.
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2018 12:23 pm
Quote:
".........the degree of genetic differentiation among Indian jati groups living side by side in the same village is typically two to three times higher than the genetic differentiation between northern and southern Europeans.
The truth is that India is composed of a large number of small population."
https://books.google.co.za/books?id=rKZTDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT209&dq=differentiation+among+Indian+jati+groups&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiu3eDx_tDaAhVItxQKHbJMCBQQ6AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=differentiation%20among%20Indian%20jati%20groups&f=false

To put it another way:
The degree of genetic differentiation between northern and southern Europeans is typically two to three times smaller than the genetic differentiation among Indian jati groups living side by side in the same village.

0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 03:21 am
India’s Fragmented Society Was Once a Melting Pot.
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2013/08/india-s-fragmented-society-was-once-melting-pot

Filthy India
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1366&bih=575&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=0UjgWtT0EsSuUZyYu7gE&btnG=Search&q=filthy+India

0 Replies