Abe Ljncoln, Atheist

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2013 12:51 pm
"The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma." - Abraham Lincoln

http://voices.yahoo.com/twenty-atheist-quotes-some-surprising-historical-750917.html

Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire. Dan Brown

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2013 12:58 pm
Ah-hahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

Woo-Hoo ! ! !

If old Abe was an atheist, why did he create the first public, religious holiday in American history (Thanksgiving)? Are you saying Abe was a hypocrite?

What's even more priceless is that you're quoting Dan Brown.

Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2013 02:53 pm
@Rickoshay75,
While I don't think it much matters, (I can never understand the reason people of different beliefs feel the need to make claims about some historical person that cannot be proven or disproven simply so they can claim the historical person as "one of ours.") Lincoln was likely a Deist rather than an Atheist or a Christian. But really, who cares? Many homosexuals claim Lincoln was gay because he often shared a bed with another man during his travels away from home, something that was often done in years gone by without anything sexual attached to it. But, even in the event he was, so what?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2013 03:41 pm
Who's Abe Ljncoln?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2013 03:50 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
A viking in a stovepipe hat.

assassinated at Fjord's theater...
0 Replies