Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 12:29 pm
Forgive an old fella for having forgotten but how does one save the potential OP for later editing and posting so that it's retained after exiting site

Thanks again all

rosborne979

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 01:30 pm
@dalehileman,
Type it into an Email and send it to yourself. Keep modifying it at your leisure until you've got it right. When you are done modifying it, copy/paste it into the forum in one shot. Then sit back, sip your coffee, relax and wait for people to ignore your post Wink
Ragman

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 01:36 pm
@rosborne979,
As well as saving it in your e-mail to re-edit a message (for A2K), the same steps apply to your saving it on your desktop as a text file (or MS Word) in any editing program. Of course, if members here repeat these steps a few dozen more times to you, will it make any difference?
dalehileman

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 01:52 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Type it into an Email and send it to yourself.
Thank you Ros and in fact that has been my very resort from time to time. It's just that there ought to be a better way. At some sites such a means to temporary copy is provided and because a2k has really fine software I assumed we must have one too

Quote:
…….and wait for people to ignore your post
The inevitable upshot
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 01:58 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Of course, if members here repeat these steps a few dozen more times to you, will it make any difference?
I hope Rag they will forgive an old fella with incipient Alz's. However I do seem to vaguely remember an internal temporary save, the gist of my q

Old and decrepit tho my mem, I'm still aware and capable of saving in Mac Mail and Word, tho seemingly awful tedious way 'round
0 Replies