Will Young Men **** ObamaCare?

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 01:28 am
Quote:
ObamaCare needs bros to survive.

Or, more accurately, ObamaCare needs plenty of young, healthy people to enroll for health insurance to offset the costs of enrolling everyone else. Hence, the ObamaCare "brosurance" ads targeting millennial men, and the similar ads aimed at young women.

Yet a Gallup poll released this week found a potentially ominous sign for that effort: Young people are the least familiar of any demographic with ObamaCare.

Only 63 percent of people 18-29 years-old say they're familiar with the health care law, compared to 72 percent for all adults nationwide. On the other side of the equation, among the oldest demographic — those 65 and up — familiarity with the law peaked at 77 percent.
October enrollment numbers were weighted heavily toward the older end of the age spectrum. In Kentucky, almost three-quarters of all enrollees were over 35 years-old. And in California, people between 55-64 years-old made up 34 percent of all enrollments — despite comprising only 11 percent of the state's population.

Still, the lagging millennial enrollment numbers will only become a serious problem if the trend holds. And health care experts expected that older people, who are more concerned with their health care coverage, would be more likely to sign up in ObamaCare's first few weeks, while younger people would be more likely to procrastinate

http://news.yahoo.com/obamacare-39-surprising-demographic-pitfall-young-people-111000630.html

but ObamaCare on purpose uses the young to subsidize the old and men to subsidize women, so will young men who are thus doubly fucked and who also have born the brunt of the post great recession income loss simply say "**** it" and refuse to participate? If they do the risk pools will look a lot worse than insurance companies have planned for, and the rates for 2015 will go up a ton.

My answer: yes, young men have nothing to gain by allowing this society to further **** them over, they will opt out thus killing or greatly harming ObamaCare.

what say you?

hingehead

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:15 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

Will Young Men **** ObamaCare?

From my recollection of being a young man with high standards I'm going to say 'only if it moves'
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:16 am
@hingehead,
Or..... "when it stops hopping".
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:20 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

this is important. you should take the question more seriously.
cherrie

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:24 am
@hawkeye10,
Lordy is a Pom, and Hinge is an Aussie, ObamaCare doesn't really affect either of them seriously.
hingehead

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:27 am
@hawkeye10,
He's in England with the NHS, I'm in Australia with Medicare. We laugh at your puny American attempts at universal health care.
Very Happy
If you want serious though look what other countries did to address it, we all have ageing populations and economic woes.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Lordyaswas wrote:

this is important. you should take the question more seriously.

I already get all my medical stuff for free, and have thanked my lucky stars for that fact ever since I was a teenager.
If your young men are stoopid enough to want to f it over in the US, why should I give a monkeys?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

Lordy is a Pom, and Hinge is an Aussie, ObamaCare doesn't really affect either of them seriously.
what the hell is "pom"?
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:30 am
@hawkeye10,
It's a term well known to "worldly" people.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:31 am
@Lordyaswas,
Pomeranian, and proud!
cherrie

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:31 am
@hawkeye10,
Pom is an Aussie word for British people.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:33 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Pomeranian, and proud!
I thought that was a dog......
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:36 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Lordyaswas wrote:

Pomeranian, and proud!
I thought that was a dog......

And I thought that all Americans were like you, but I've since met and/or conversed with about a dozen or so who were really quite intelligent.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:46 am
Pomeranian is a reference to Pomerania, a region on the Baltic coast of Germany. The dogs were named after this region. I guess in Whackeye's world, tails wag dogs.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:56 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Pomeranian is a reference to Pomerania, a region on the Baltic coast of Germany. The dogs were named after this region. I guess in Whackeye's world, tails wag dogs.
I am an American, and while I am more worldly than most yes, I have only heard this term refereed to as the dog. I do watch dog shows sometimes. at least I know that Newfoundland is not only a dog, though we have had three in our family so far.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 03:03 am
@hawkeye10,
american healthcare and/or the state of young American men anyone?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Will Young Men Fuck ObamaCare?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/17/2024 at 09:34:10