I am greatly missing Robert

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 10:17 pm
well, that's it, I am greatly missing Robert. First of all, his mind and his takes on stuff, but also as a guy I wouldn't say I knew, but liked.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,776 • Replies: 8
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:47 pm
@ossobuco,
whered he go?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 02:51 pm
@farmerman,
Nowhere different that I know of, but he doesn't post here anymore. I miss his ability to argue well and his knowledge about all sorts of stuff. Sometimes he wrote what I was already thinking, and sometimes he gave me a whole new perspective on various matters. Also, his humor, on occasion.
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 03:15 pm
@ossobuco,
you should watch your thread titles then. I was ready to call Philbin and find out where I should send the flowers.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 03:32 pm
@farmerman,
Geez, louise, that never occurred to me. He's a live one, she says, laughing.
Or I dearly hope so.

I prompted myself to post that since so many threads turn into insult mania, some with very bright people, presumably schooled otherwise, getting off on insults. I feel instructed that this is the way of the world, yet again. But we used to have - or did I dream that - more considered threads going on.

There's one happening now, started by maxcondona, that is tempered, and I'd like to see more of those.

Robert seems to want wide open talking and is not inclined to censorship, but ok re some monitors, and he organized this place back in 2008 to self monitor.

That means, if we want a zoo, we'll get one.
Letty

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 09:21 am
@ossobuco,
Are you talking about Robert Gentel?
JLNobody

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 08:09 pm
@Letty,
Hasn't Robert Gentel always been gone--to Central America?
Regarding Osso's commonent about thread insults and civility. The most civil thread of all has been Letty's Radio program. I have not participated in it for lack of ability. It's subject matter is beyond my ken, for the most part.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 08:19 pm
@Letty,
Yes, I'm talking about Robert Gentel. I have learned so much from him. I also, all on my own, irritate him, but I basically like him.

I hate it that he doesn't post.

He probably has good reasons for that.

I miss his brains and heart.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 08:30 pm
@JLNobody,
I can't post on Letty's thread as my old computer doesn't do you tube.
I look in, in case I'll get an irish song of my childhood, as
once in a while I can break through, but mostly not, as I would need stuff beyond my computer.
0 Replies