the uniqueness of the earth's atmosphere includes the following excerpt

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 10:16 am
A.composed of gases that readily react with each other and with the earth's surface
B.are composed of simple symmetric two atom molecules
C.permits transformation of transmission of part of the solar radiation vital to life to on the earth's surface
D.are composed mostly of atoms that can hinder transmission of all components of the electromagnetic spectrum
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,500 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 11:20 am
@dalao1234,
Then, Dal, is it your assertion that Earth is unique and if so how unique do you suppose
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 04:10 pm
@dalehileman,
Erm.....delilah, there is no degree of uniqueness. It is either unique, or it is not.
No?
Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 04:24 pm
I am bemused by the use of the word "excerpt." Is there a portion of a novel floating around in the air?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 05:05 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
It is either unique, or it is not.
Alas Lordy in fact, bat my flat in that, wat
0 Replies

Jpsy

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 04:48 pm
@dalao1234,
That's a tough one. It seems like all of those are true. The atmosphere does have 2 atom molecules like N2 and O2, however there are other sized molecules like H2o and CO2 which has 3 atoms, Neon which has 1 atom. It let's sunlight through which allow photosynthesizes to occur, without which there would be no life on earth. Some parts of the electromagnetic radiation spectrum are not visible because of our atmosphere. We can only see certain ranges with telescopes in space. Many, but not all. of the gases in the atmosphere react with other molecules.
0 Replies

Dragon2000dd14

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 08:10 pm
@dalao1234,
E) none of the above
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 09:28 am
@Lordyaswas,
A technicality, Lordy. Of course you're right; I meant only to ask whether there might be other planets much like ours

But I;m still not quite sure what it is that Dalao wants to know, maybe you cold explain
0 Replies