The greater danger Iraq or North Korea?

au1929

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 08:30 am
Tantor
As usual you have all the answers and present then in such a pleasant manner. Thank you.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 11:14 am
au1929 wrote:
Tantor
As usual you have all the answers and present then in such a pleasant manner. Thank you.

Pointing out whether he is "pleasant" or not does nothing to debate his statements.

I'm inclined to agree with Tantor, but for different reasons. I look at the people of NK who have been deprived of the basics they need to survive by a regime that values its own military strength over all else. In a very real sense theirs is a culture gone mad. You don't reason with madmen. (At least not usefully or for long.)
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 11:18 am
au1929 wrote:
Tantor

Pointing out whether he is "pleasant" or not does nothing to debate his statements.

I'm inclined to agree with Tantor, but for different reasons. I look at the people of NK who have been deprived of the basics they need to survive by a regime that values its own military strength over all else. In a very real sense theirs is a culture gone mad. You don't reason with madmen. (At least not usefully or for long.)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 11:35 am
Tres
When do we start to bomb? Is that the answer? With that attitude we would be constantly at war. Oh! we are. Have you noticed since Bush came upon the scene we stand alone against the world. Is the whole world wrong and the preacher in the white house who talks to God[his of course] right? I am beginning to believe there is not much difference between the thinking, processes of Bush and Bin Laden..
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 12:02 pm
Tommy Franks said they are ready. c.i.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 07:44 am
Iran is moving closer to a nuclear bomb.

Quickly.

Radio silence from the feckless Bush Administration, which apparently can only deal with one crisis at a time (and has picked the least serious one to obsess over). North Korea will, at its current pace, probably be able to deploy a dozen bombs by mid-summer, maybe sooner. Iran may be able to do so by year-end. Some say even sooner: "within weeks", according to Henry Sokolski, a Defense Department official during the first Bush administration who served as an adviser on nonproliferation policy.

The lesson for our enemies? Go nuclear, ASAP. The U.S. won't do much to stop you, and once you've got a few bombs, you're untouchable. Supply terrorists, murder thousands of your own citizens, whatever -- the U.S. will remain the lone superpower, but that won't mean nearly as much when it can't act against anyone with the power to create a mushroom cloud back.

Does anyone really think at this point that the vaunted Bush Administration foreign policy/national security apparatus has a clue?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 10:15 am
PDid, Bush is doing it for the American People. After nine-eleven, he's gonna make sure we are all safe. God told him so. c.i.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 10:38 am
PD, it has already been determined that Bush does not have a clue - period!

Bushism of the day:

"The fact that he relies on facts - says things that are not factual - are going to undermine his campaign."

Here is yesterdays, then ask me what's wrong with this guy:

"They said, 'You know, this issue doesn't seem to resignate with people'. And I said, 'You know something? Whether it resignates or not doesn't matter to me because I stand for doing what's the right thing."

The guy doesn't have a clue - and he is dangerous! What do we do with mad dogs, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 10:45 am
au1929 wrote:
When do we start to bomb? Is that the answer?

Simplistic. Ignores the fact that different situations require different strategies.

au1929 wrote:
With that attitude we would be constantly at war.

Ah, but it is not my attitude; it's the attitude of your straw man.

au1929 wrote:
Oh! we are.

Constantly at war fighting terrorism since Bush stepped up to do what Clinton lacked the stones to do, yes. (The police are "constantly at war" fighting crime. Would you suggest they stop?)

au1929 wrote:
Have you noticed since Bush came upon the scene we stand alone against the world.

You have a very selective perception. We are not alone.

au1929 wrote:
Is the whole world wrong and the preacher in the white house who talks to God[his of course] right?

Gratuitous, bigoted attack on Christianity noted.

au1929 wrote:
I am beginning to believe there is not much difference between the thinking, processes of Bush and Bin Laden..

I am beginning to believe that there is nothing you hold sacred beyond your boundless hatred for Bush.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:06 am
Tress
There is none so blind as he who will not see. And none so deaf as he who would not hear. Arise my friend and open your eyes and ears so that you may see and hear the truth.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:09 am
Never happen, but nice try au!
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:15 am
au1929 wrote:
There is none so blind as he who will not see. And none so deaf as he who would not hear. Arise my friend and open your eyes and ears so that you may see and hear the truth.

I am trying, my friend, and hope that you are as well.

BillW - Up yours you petty, ignorant P.O.S. Very Happy
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:23 am
trespasser will quote:

Quote:
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:14 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BillW - Up yours you petty, ignorant P.O.S.

Typical!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:25 am
Oh, excuse me ... thought I heard furniture being knocked about in here. My mistake ... the crew in here right now is known for its propriety and restraint Mr. Green

timber
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:44 am
According to a recent poll (article in today's San Jose Mercury news), it seems the majority of Americans support going to war with Iraq even without UN approval. c.i.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 11:58 am
BillW wrote:
trespasser will quote:
Quote:
BillW - Up yours you petty, ignorant P.O.S.

Typical!!!!!!!!

Bullcrap. What has been "typical" of me, is to ignore your incessant crap and childish insults. (A fact anyone can see, though I know you're not personally fond of facts, are you?) I simply finally got tired of waiting for the moderators to do something about you, and am taking off the gloves.

"Typical" is you being an ass and making snide, childish comments whenever I post, and me letting it slide. Just for today, I didn't feel like taking it in stride. Don't like it? Go whine to someone who cares, putz.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:04 pm
Gentlemen, and I use that term rather loosely, try acting like gentlemen and not children. Thank you.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:07 pm
jespah wrote:
Gentlemen, and I use that term rather loosely, try acting like gentlemen and not children. Thank you.

If you and other moderators were doing your jobs, I wouldn't need to put these jerks in their places. Do your job, and I won't have to do it for you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:28 pm
As I have told you - and everyone else who attempts to moderate this site without actually being a moderator - we need for you to inform us of what is going on and if it is truly a problem. That means PMs to moderators, not notes on huge threads with hundreds or even thousands of lengthy posts.

We cannot see your PMs that you exchange with one another. We do not know if there is joking around, apologies, etc., or if the person who may appear to have been attacked truly is not offended unless you tell us.

In case anyone here has not noticed, there are over 50 other forums here at Able2Know, and they have to be looked into as well. Politics does not have special privileges, and neither do its participants.

However, if you are displeased with the way that I and the remainder of the moderating staff are doing our jobs, no one is forcing you to remain here. I will be more than happy to deactivate your account. Just send me a note and I will do so.

And if you wish to remain, keep the moderating staff informed of whatever problems you see and do not attempt to deal with them yourself. The Terms of Service apply to all here, and they apply whether one started an argument or is the second or third or twelfth participant. I trust we are all clear on this.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2003 12:52 pm
jespah wrote:
As I have told you - and everyone else who attempts to moderate this site without actually being a moderator - we need for you to inform us of what is going on and if it is truly a problem. That means PMs to moderators, not notes on huge threads with hundreds or even thousands of lengthy posts.

That's a laugh. I am not trying to "moderate" anything. I am simply choosing to respond to bull$hit that you are not supposed to be allowing in the first place. So, if you would prefer I not respond, try dealing with the people who make those responses necessary. Had you done that before now, this wouldn't be an issue.
0 Replies