When you bank, do you use the ATM or the teller or bank online?

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 09:01 am
When you bank... do you use the ATM or the teller or do all of your banking online? Would you balk of your bank got rid of all (or most) of the tellers?

ATM of the Future: Where Your Money is Coming From Next
http://www.wnyc.org/story/atm-future/

I use my debit card for most of my purchases. Use the ATM for getting cash and depositing the rare check. I only use the teller to get rolls of quarters for laundry. How about you?

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 09:05 am
@tsarstepan,
When I bank I usually use left rudder.

Or right if I'm wanting to go starboard.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 10:27 am
@Lordyaswas,
But when you bank bank... do you wear a ski mask or a rubber mask of your favorite prime minister?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 10:46 am
Quote:
When you bank, do you use the ATM or the teller or bank online?
ALL of the above
chai2

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 11:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
No debit card, no ATM, no tellers. The VERY occasional drive through when I am somehow forced to deal with a piece of paper.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 01:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
ATM - to get cash (sometimes you just need cash - still a few cash only situations); depositing a check (sometimes you still get checks); other than that banking online.

The rare teller situation - my kids' savings account deposits - they do not have ATM cards too young. For an issue, notary, or other rare thing that you have to see a person or have to use a bank check.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 01:38 pm
@Linkat,
I online bank most of the time. Back when Katy dog was with me, I got reimbursal checks from her former owner's trust for my expenses, so I billed them once a month and then had a check to deposit.

I'd rather get cash at my grocery store than my bank as I despise the bank's parking lot. I say this as a former parking lot designer (not giant ones, but some store parking lots as well as apartment complex outdoor pking lots). There is a right angle spaced lot for people to go to the atm, to go to the teller, to talk with one of the banking experts, etc., and these people tend to go in and out of the spaces moderately slowly. The footage between the parking space rows is nice and wide. Cars enter and zoom through in order to get to the drive through space on the opposite side of the building on their lunch hour or whatever. They're basically nuts going so fast, especially since some going- inside people find themselves visually blocked by a humongous truck so that backing out is perilous. I've been known to park in the quiet business mall lot next door and walk to the atm, but even that is an adventure with the speedsters, who tend to be coming in off of one of the faster roads in the city.
Some times of day are better than others to avoid this mishigas.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 07:10 pm
I never go into the bank. I have direct deposit and when I need cash I simply get cash back from the grocery store. We get a check in the mail once a month from the property management company for the rentals, I simply take a photo of the check with my iphone via my Chase app and the check is directly deposited. I also pay everything via online bill pay. I no longer have a need for the bank or any of their ATM machines, haven’t used them in over a year now.

chai2

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 07:59 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I simply take a photo of the check with my iphone via my Chase app and the check is directly deposited.

That's pretty cool.
jcboy

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 08:13 pm
@chai2,
It is pretty neat and the check is deposited immediately. At first it seemed a little risky but I’ve never had a problem. I also get an alert on my iphone every time my debit card is used. I haven’t had any fraud on the card but if I were to get an alert that I know wasn’t coming from me all I have to do is alert the bank from my iphone and it’s stopped.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 08:19 am
@jcboy,
Yes I was told I could do this from my broker and send to them (this was in regard to a transfer from another account) - I told her I would drop the check by her office instead. It just made me nervous.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 11:22 am
This is why I love having my Chase app on my phone. I stopped at Walgreens to pick up a prescription and they have my CC info on file, well I paid cash this time and immediately I received a notice on my phone that they charged my card. So I paid twice and had to have the cashier refund the amount back to my card.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 11:17 pm
http://questionablecontent.net/comics/2650.png
http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2650
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 01:33 am
@tsarstepan,
Some are as flash as a rat with a gold tooth but there's this one ATM I know that has quite an engaging personality. And yet there I was this last Saturday in a bank, a few thousand short as it were, having a rollicking lovely time with a person who helped me do things to my bank a/c that the machine wouldn't understand (yes Saturday in a bank). Alas I rarely have need for the cold hard world of sponduli unless some raffish tradie wants cash which is always. I prefer to pay by credit card and settle up with on-line banking. As for the laundry I bought the machine. It is so grown-up glam it has its own room and I refuse to knock down the brick wall so that it can be with it cousins under a bench in the kitchen.

0 Replies

jennymorrow

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 05:42 am
@tsarstepan,
Usually, I use online option for most of my banking requirement.
0 Replies