Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 07:26 am
When will this $5 a month debit card usage fee take place? It seems like Bank of America is robbing Peter (their banking clientele) to pay Paul (their overpaid and bloated banking executives' multimillion dollar bonuses).

I moved from Chase Bank to Bank of America because they pushed me from free checking to checking with a monthly fee. Does anybody know which national bank or local bank I should move to next?

Will anybody else be abandoning Bank of America because of their new checking fee policy? For another reason?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,959 • Replies: 9

parados

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 07:28 am
@tsarstepan,
The only way to make banks take notice is to move to a credit union.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 09:25 am
@tsarstepan,
I am with BofA now and I am thinking of switching to a credit union.
Enough is enough!

As Parados said, we have to teach them a lesson and only then will they listen.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 09:29 am
@CalamityJane,
Do you have a credit union picked out or do you have to do the footwork and look into the best one in your area?
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 09:32 am
@tsarstepan,
I have one close by, but I registered online and transferred money to the
new account already.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 12:21 pm
i used to use bank of america too. They pulled the " now your free checking costs 5.00 a month" on me too but I did not get any notice. They even PROVED they did not give notice.

They hit my account for 5.00 when there was only 2.00 in there.
BING. 35.00 fee.

Not KNOWING they hit my account, i deposited my check 100.00 to PAY auto insurance and I think my gas bill..totaling 98.00
Both bounced. Thanks to the original withdrawl of 35, my insurance payment did not go through, adding on another 35 because that bounced , my gas payment didnt go through either.
BING BING..

I was hit one more time FOR BEING IN THE NEGATIVE ..... BING. 35.00. and a 7.00 fee for every day it was negative which was I think 7 days because.. again.. I didnt think I had to look. I only use that account to pay bills.

They would not refund their fees. Or their fees for fees which were caused by their initial fee. No where on my initial paper work was there any thing that said I would be forced into a paying checking account. No where was there a record of mail or even email about the account change.
Yet , i got stuck.

**** em.

I moved to a local credit union and I have not looked back since.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 12:23 pm
@shewolfnm,
B of A is evil.

have been for years. welcome to the club...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 12:33 pm
@shewolfnm,
I would really like to see something showing what they make yearly from penalty fees.

my guess is that that info is a tightly guarded secret...
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 05:20 pm
I have never used Bank of America, I’ve always used Chase bank. So far I haven’t had any problems with them. Everything is free and they have an ATM machine in every Walgreens.

The only thing they did, which I thought was kind of silly, was give me a $5,000.00 credit card, then after six months sent me a letter saying they cancelled my card for inactive use. LOL I guess since I didn’t use it I really didn’t need it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2011 05:34 pm
I have been using a local bank. Now the bank has been purchased by some interest from Utah. Waiting to see what happens next.
0 Replies